Adding USB to dash...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I really like you write ups! Very good detail and information! Keep up the good work. Your ride is very well done!

Thanks!

:Handshake:

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the writeup. Install was very easy and straightforward. I was able to run the mini usb from the cig adapter directly to my HRT iStreamer, which then outputs RCA to my headunit. Now I can plug my iphone 5 directly into the usb cig port and it will charge my phone and play my music while getting the better audio quality of having an external DAC.

I purchased the usb port and cover for $33 shipped off ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GM-USB-OUTLET-RETAINER-W-COVER-AND-USB-SILVERADO-SIERRA-20983937-20944422-/261115610583?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ccbb405d7&vxp=mtr

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is something I'm very interested in doing, I believe Nathan said this will not work for 2008 Tahoes correct??

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is something I'm very interested in doing, I believe Nathan said this will not work for 2008 Tahoes correct??

depends...

Factory radio?
Do you have Factory Nav?
Do you have USB already in your center console?

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Nathan, Id like to do this - I have a 2007 Yukon slt with factory nav, but I dont have a usb plug in the console. is there one behind the headunit?

AJ847

Reaction score
would this work with my 2009 ltz with stock navigation head unit? How would I get it to interact with my iphone, ie: charge, play music?

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Nathan, Id like to do this - I have a 2007 Yukon slt with factory nav, but I dont have a usb plug in the console. is there one behind the headunit?

would this work with my 2009 ltz with stock navigation head unit? How would I get it to interact with my iphone, ie: charge, play music?

If your stock radio has USB there will already be a USB plug in the console if not you will need to do an aftermarket radio.

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your stock radio has USB there will already be a USB plug in the console if not you will need to do an aftermarket radio.

I ended up getting one, and just plugging it into the 12 volt behind the trim with a usb 12 volt charger. So I have the port now, but it's just a charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukrazy

Latest posts