Anyone used the Eibach 2" lowering springs in a GMT900?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oakster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new Denali just touches the roof of my parking garage. I can hear it but it is soooo close that it hasn't left a mark.

I ordered the 2" lowering springs. I was wondering if anyone else has done this mod on their Yukon/Tahoe w/the self leveling suspension.

I'll try to post some pics when I get my springs next week.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I would look at the McGaughy lowing kit too. From what I heard they are the best, not to mention you can get a 3" drop in the rear and a 2" drop in the fron that will help level out the truck.
I used to be on tahoeforum.com, but ithe cite is no longer up and running. People used to talk about the McGaughy kit all the time as being the best one on the market. I personally have no experience with either though.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but do the offer lowering shackles for tahoes?

dms

Reaction score
Don't rule out Pedders drop kits.

Thanks for the support.

I have installed in the past all the drop assemblies. The issues that I had with the Eibachs is serious inconsistancies with the heights, harsh ride, and front alignment angles too aggressive for good tire wear.

Having a Denali, you have auto ride. Make sure you modify the sensors to compensate for the height changes

mike
dms

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eibach seems to be that cheap cookie cutter kit.... sure I guess it works and it's cheap, but I'd rather invest my money elsewhere. I have heard some great things about McGaughy's. Take a look into it

mary900

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pedders kits lower.

I dropped my Sierra and was sorely disappointed with the ride. After much research, once my Tahoe is out of warranty, I will go with Pedders. IMO, I think Pedders offers the best ride quality.

OP
OP
O

oakster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason I'm lowering the Denali is it is just 1/16 too tall to get into my parking garage @ work. It just rubs :emotions122: and I don't want to find something that hangs down further that does more than rub.

I want to drop it as little as possible which is why I'm trying the Eibach kit for now. I already ordered it. If I don't like it, I'll try another kit.

I was just wondering if anyone had used it w/the auto leveling system. I hear it comes w/new rods to adjust the leveling system.

I'm going to check out the other kits too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMP2018