Hifonics Amps!!!! (Good)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Ya'll how's it goin?

I was shopping around for the Orion amps to power my subs (decided to stay at 2-10's since they so powerful and if not satisfied get a 3rd later). But I could only find one orion amp within my price range but it was used. I decided to look else where for my power needs and stumbled across these Hifonics amps one was 3,200 watt max 1,600 RMS @ 1 ohm for $200. now this is from sonixelectronics, and even though i got my subs I price their orion amps and they are the same but they are on a crazy long back order and my install in due in a couple weeks when I send my trucc n everything out. Now has anyone here used these amps and how was the experience???

OP
OP
Nfamous60

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what i found so far is mad good especially for the price thinkin how bad could i hurt my subs with them wired 100 watts OVER rated RMS to me i dont think thats alot but i could be wrong just want o get the max out of my setup amps are 1,600rms @1 ohm subs are 1,500rms what you think??but bac on the amps im really leaning towards them another $500 i'll have both my amps just need the kinetik battery i had one ordered but cancelled it and a good Cap then i'm ready to roll it down to the shop and have it all installed :)) :) :) ) so happy right now got the jitters lol as far as exterior waiting for the other led lights the taillights and factory 20" rims im waiting to find a good price on then wrap those in 33" grapplers til i can get a good lift kit...also seen a kit on ebay that replaces all the interior lights with the same LED' we're putting on th elicense plates. like $16 a set.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
If they're as good as that then I would say get them, I'm thinking about fabbing up a sealed box for an 8" sub and putting it in the center console area!

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
How come no JL? I have had JL Audio stuff in all my cars and trucks since I was 17 and can not say enough good things about JL

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd stay away from the newer stuff. HiFonics sold out several years ago and are very inferior to when they were built in USA by ZED Audio. That is when they were the shit.. Orion is the same, sold the name but the quiality sucks. If you can get some of the old school equipment that would be the way to go.. I used to have a gen4 Zeus back in the 80's and powered my entire system with it and was very powerful and crisp. Regret the day I got rid of it..

I'm running the same amps for the last 13 years built by Rockford Fosgate and they sound and put out like the day I first bought them. Old School is the way to go. Bulletproof..

hoe029.jpg

Last edited:

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
i had a HiFonics amp a few years ago and put a few in frinds cars. strong amp but they killd fm radio when they where on. that was the only draw back. i had the bx 1500d

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd stay away from the newer stuff. HiFonics sold out several years ago and are very inferior to when they were built in USA by ZED Audio. That is when they were the shit.. Orion is the same, sold the name but the quiality sucks. If you can get some of the old school equipment that would be the way to go.. I used to have a gen4 Zeus back in the 80's and powered my entire system with it and was very powerful and crisp. Regret the day I got rid of it..

Old School is the way to go. Bulletproof..

I agree. The older Hifonics and Orion was actually worth a damn. The new stuff just doesn't seem nearly as good since they've been bought out.
DEI bought Orion a few yrs ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KlausGB