Hifonics Amps!!!! (Good)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nfamous60

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hav the brutus 1600watta amp pushing my 2-10's and it was knoccn when i first got it now it does not seem like enuff my guy that does my audio suggested a oxygen audio 3500watt amp for me to run my subs becuase if i doubled up i will not have enuff room in the trunk for the amps now that i have my kinetic batt, back the any insight on this brand of shoul i stay with the hifonics. my subs are rated at 1500rms each.
if that helps me personally i like the hifonics but if i upgrade the hifonics the oxygen audio amp is the same price for more watts.

dre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go with the hifonics over oxygen audio any day.........i personally dont like oxygen audio.......its a brand that a lot of these bx audio shops push so they can turn a profit...... besides dont believe the numbers on the amp pay attention to the rms ......that is your real power............

johnicd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hifonics amps are good for the money. Cheap and they put out rated power. They lack a little on the sound quality end but for the most part, they are a good buy. I have installed a few and owned the BXI 2610D. My buddy has used the BXI 1210D for the better part of 2 years on two 10" DC Level 3's . He is very much happy and they pound really good.

I now run Sundown and Rockford amps and couldn't be happier with them. I am in the middle of a rebuild so I will post some pictures for you guys when it gets done. The Sundown 3500d powers two 18" DC lvl 4xl. And my rockford amps power my mids and highs.

Send me a pm if you have any questions about amp. I have used plently different brands and can point ya in the right direction.

dre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i heard about sundown.......they are good amps as well

REAL TEXAS TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude

I'd stay away from the newer stuff. HiFonics sold out several years ago and are very inferior to when they were built in USA by ZED Audio. That is when they were the shit.. Orion is the same, sold the name but the quiality sucks. If you can get some of the old school equipment that would be the way to go.. I used to have a gen4 Zeus back in the 80's and powered my entire system with it and was very powerful and crisp. Regret the day I got rid of it..

I'm running the same amps for the last 13 years built by Rockford Fosgate and they sound and put out like the day I first bought them. Old School is the way to go. Bulletproof..

hoe029.jpg

I HAD TWO OF THOSE OLD RF AMPS AND MAN I SWEAR I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND AN AMP THAT EVEN GETS CLOSE TO THE POWER THAT THEY PUT OUT. HELL, THAT WAS in 1996

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jacob makes great amps, but as far as best as of today, well, that's personal opinion.

Good, yes, but has technology nobody else has, no.

demonal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said "one of the best" I didn't state it was the best. What do you prefer over sundown?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a personal preference, but granted, Sundown, as well as RF, JL, Alpine, DD, Kicker, some HiFonics, IA, etc make good amps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesj82