Hifonics Amps!!!! (Good)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am still running an OS Soundstream class a 10.2 to my Infinity perfect 10's in a small sealed enclosure. Not an SPL monster, even in my Mustang, but the SQ is unbelievable.
For those of you that have not heard Soundstream is back in biz and it is good shit again.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i currently have a 2008 model Hifonics Brutus 2000 watt running 1ohm to my 2 kicker 15 l7s. it pounds the hell out of em. the power rating is not inflated one bit. this is the first hifonics amp ive ever ran, and i was just like you before i bought it, had my doubts. only thing now is i wish i woulda gotten the 4000 watt lol its not loud to me anymore. theyre strong as hell, id recommend one no doubt.

How did you come to that conclusion? Did you rig up a dummy load(Giant resistor), use a voltmeter to measure the voltage coming out of the leads and use the formula (v^2)/R? If they DO reach 2000 watts, I'm sure the frequency response and distortion would be so terrible you would want to turn it down.

Hifonics amps are overrated - hype and wattage.

demonal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a personal preference, but granted, Sundown, as well as RF, JL, Alpine, DD, Kicker, some HiFonics, IA, etc make good amps.

I can agree with some of these, but yeah it is personal preference. I used to be a big Alpine, JL fan. Till I started buying IA, Sundown products. DD makes real good stuff. I never ever owned anything from RF, nor Hifonics. Alpine still makes the best head units for me no doubt. And we all know what kicker is known to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gator Aggie