Felix's White on Tan Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travel is nothing Felix. I lived away from my wife and kids for 5yrs, only seeing them on weekends and when I took vacation. You'll be fine as long as your girl can handle it. My wife is a rock, so we did it without any issues.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never been one that liked traveling that much and being away from the kids. When they're young is when they're the most fun and nothing like coming home each day to screaming kids cuz they are excited to see you :D I think it depends on what part of I.T. you're in but I make a pretty decent living as a programmer and will make even more when I break into the management side of things :)

Yea you are right I work across the hallway from a bunch of devs and they do make good money and I even got asked by my manager to be the new Network Analyst/Engineer at the current company i'm at with a way higher salary but being a dev/network analyst just doesn't even compare to what I can make at this new job. In 2-3 years i'm going to apply to be a directional driller. The lowest paying directional driller I know makes 200k... some make 300k... just not even on the same level of being in the IT department.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe one day I will threaten to quit so they give me more money :(

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea you are right I work across the hallway from a bunch of devs and they do make good money and I even got asked by my manager to be the new Network Analyst/Engineer at the current company i'm at with a way higher salary but being a dev/network analyst just doesn't even compare to what I can make at this new job. In 2-3 years i'm going to apply to be a directional driller. The lowest paying directional driller I know makes 200k... some make 300k... just not even on the same level of being in the IT department.

:hands: I would have to agree with that! Unless I make it into CIO territory (VERY doubtful :lol:) and IT geek will never reach that territory :Handshake:

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Travel is nothing Felix. I lived away from my wife and kids for 5yrs, only seeing them on weekends and when I took vacation. You'll be fine as long as your girl can handle it. My wife is a rock, so we did it without any issues.

Yea well i've never moved and neither has she so it'll be a new experience for both of us. When I leave on long jobs she plans on going back to LA for an extended period to get help from both our families with the baby. When I am in town (in Denver), she will be with me though. Hearing stuff like that is nice though hopefully everything goes as smoothly the next 5 years as I hope for...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe one day I will threaten to quit so they give me more money :(

Now we're really jacking Felix's thread :( but the best way to get a raise in pay many times is to switch jobs :shrug:

**sorry for the jack, Felix**

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Yea well i've never moved and neither has she so it'll be a new experience for both of us. When I leave on long jobs she plans on going back to LA for an extended period to get help from both our families with the baby. When I am in town (in Denver), she will be with me though. Hearing stuff like that is nice though hopefully everything goes as smoothly the next 5 years as I hope for...

Having that family support will help out a lot :Handshake: It'll be all good :)

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now we're really jacking Felix's thread :( but the best way to get a raise in pay many times is to switch jobs :shrug:

**sorry for the jack, Felix**

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Having that family support will help out a lot :Handshake: It'll be all good :)

Lol I am the one and only here and honestly one of the upper people so all I can do is ask for raises or quit. Sorry for jacking Felix :Handshake:

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:hands: I would have to agree with that! Unless I make it into CIO territory (VERY doubtful :lol:) and IT geek will never reach that territory :Handshake:

I work for a half billion dollar company that's still private, constantly grows 15% a year, and started with 14 people in 1994 and we are now at 1200 in 2011. I wonder how much our CIO makes but I bet it's under 200k...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics of what you're interested in? :) what did the guy say that gave you an offer on eBay for 29,500?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts