Goodbye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s4cruiser

Reaction score
I’m a die hard toyota fan and really wanted to love the new sequoia (turbo v6 with electric trans motor) but the third row seat fold flat height killed it for me. A 200 series Land Cruiser (v8) is another comparable but again the third row stowing method kills the rear storage room…and most are super overpriced since they announced the end of US production.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a die hard toyota fan and really wanted to love the new sequoia (turbo v6 with electric trans motor) but the third row seat fold flat height killed it for me. A 200 series Land Cruiser (v8) is another comparable but again the third row stowing method kills the rear storage room…and most are super overpriced since they announced the end of US production.
I had high hopes for the Sequoia redesign as well. The previous gen had great leg room in the 2nd and 3rd rows, just lacked cargo volume behind the 3rd row. I expected them to keep the great interior layout, update the infotainment and styling and add some more cargo volume. Instead they came up with the most ridiculous 3rd row possible. Toyota lost me as a future customer with that design.

Ltzjeff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As much as it saddens me, I decided against a new Tahoe and purchased a new Nissan Armada. I thought I was a die hard Chevy guy but after seeing and reading all the issues people are having with brand new tucks, I decided that I did not want that headache in my life. While I have owned many Chevy products and have posted about them on this forum, I could not be more happy with my decision. No more issues with cylinder deactivation, lifters, broken dashboards, and the list goes on. I now enjoy having V8 all the time and know I don't have to purchase a "range" device or put in a new cam shaft to keep all 8 cylinders engaged. My new 5.6L is fast and fun to drive.
I wish you the best of outcomes with your new rig.
To each his own - be well!

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had high hopes for the Sequoia redesign as well. The previous gen had great leg room in the 2nd and 3rd rows, just lacked cargo volume behind the 3rd row. I expected them to keep the great interior layout, update the infotainment and styling and add some more cargo volume. Instead they came up with the most ridiculous 3rd row possible. Toyota lost me as a future customer with that design.
2023_toyota_sequoia-limited_crg_fe_12522030_1600[1].jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My problem is not with the new ones since I would not get a new Tahoe, either. I like older Land Cruiser's. A friend of mine has a 2009 that just gets my eye every time I see it. Has the 5.7 engine

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 383293

I'm still on here every so often as I enjoy reading and seeing what people have done to their trucks. Here's a pic of the new ride. SL midnight edition 4x4
Trust you got a good deal? My nephew sells them and I could really get a good deal. Let us know what the mpg's are......

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesus...that's hideous!
From what it appears, the 3rd row IS easily removable with the use of the two levers shown, and you can remove the tray which would allow for an even deeper cargo area, unlike the 2015+ General Motors lineup. That would be a nice feature to have as I never use my third row, but then one would have to store the seats somewhere which is a pain in the ass.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what it appears, the 3rd row IS easily removable with the use of the two levers shown, and you can remove the tray which would allow for an even deeper cargo area, unlike the 2015+ General Motors lineup. That would be a nice feature to have as I never use my third row, but then one would have to store the seats somewhere which is a pain in the ass.
The levers are to make the third row slide fore and aft. It gives you more cargo room but then the third row becomes unusable for people (the 2nd row is non-adjustable).