Goodbye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a die hard toyota fan and really wanted to love the new sequoia (turbo v6 with electric trans motor) but the third row seat fold flat height killed it for me. A 200 series Land Cruiser (v8) is another comparable but again the third row stowing method kills the rear storage room…and most are super overpriced since they announced the end of US production.
Me too. I was waiting to see it. Was still considering it. Once GM made adaptive cruise Available on slt it was a done deal.
From what it appears, the 3rd row IS easily removable with the use of the two levers shown, and you can remove the tray which would allow for an even deeper cargo area, unlike the 2015+ General Motors lineup. That would be a nice feature to have as I never use my third row, but then one would have to store the seats somewhere which is a pain in the ass.
I'm a die hard toyota fan and the sequoia just misses the mark. It has a epic power train but the interior space is really abysmal. Hardly any third row room and barely any cargo capacity with the third row up.

Off road it's good but my main purpose for a full size SUV is passenger space and cargo space and it doesn't do it..

Really big fail. Wish it was better. Really do.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder why they are concerned that if people take them out they never put them back in - isn't that the consumer's choice? Anyway is the Sequoia length more like a short wheel base Tahoe or a Suburban? I don't think Toyota offers the Sequoia in any other length. And lastly Toyota's pricing is crazy, and that says something considering how crazy US manufacturers price their shit.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too. I was waiting to see it. Was still considering it. Once GM made adaptive cruise Available on slt it was a done deal.

I'm a die hard toyota fan and the sequoia just misses the mark. It has a epic power train but the interior space is really abysmal. Hardly any third row room and barely any cargo capacity with the third row up.

Off road it's good but my main purpose for a full size SUV is passenger space and cargo space and it doesn't do it..

Really big fail. Wish it was better. Really do.

Short wheel base Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade have virtually zero cargo room with the third row up too. You need to buy the long wheel base if you want both.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I am a magician then. I can fit a 60 lb dog and folding stairs back there. Also have carried 2 small air tanks, all with 0 room behind the rear seat...

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short wheel base Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade have virtually zero cargo room with the third row up too. You need to buy the long wheel base if you want both.
11.5 to 22.3 for the sequoia with third row up.

25.5 for the yukon with third row up. The 22.3 in the sequoia is with the third row moved as far forward as possible giving you no leg room.

So yeah. Kind of a fail in that regard.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score

11.5 to 22.3 for the sequoia with third row up.

25.5 for the yukon with third row up. The 22.3 in the sequoia is with the third row moved as far forward as possible giving you no leg room.

So yeah. Kind of a fail in that regard.
Are these dimensions from the short wheel base?
I do see that the 2021+ did increase overall length compared to the 2020 model for slightly more cargo room.

Both pictures are short wheel base versions. 2021 on left, 2020 on right. The 2021+ also has a much lower floor with recessed storage although I am not sure how deep that is.

Attachments

• 2021-gmc-yukon-denali-130-1600461827[1].jpg
    2021-gmc-yukon-denali-130-1600461827[1].jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 22823337[1].jpg
    22823337[1].jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

mplunk

Reaction score
I do see that the 2021+ did increase overall length compared to the 2020 model for slightly more cargo room.

Both pictures are short wheel base versions. 2021 on left, 2020 on right. The 2021+ also has a much lower floor with recessed storage although I am not sure how deep that is.
Pictures don't do it justice how much more room is in the 2021+. I've had both and it's no contest

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Those numbers are for standard wheelbase yukon 2021+, the 2020 and older ones suffered from the solid axle that the new 23 sequoia suffers from.

The extended length models have tons more room.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those numbers are for standard wheelbase yukon 2021+, the 2020 and older ones suffered from the solid axle that the new 23 sequoia suffers from.

The extended length models have tons more room.
I prefer the solid axle for strength and durability, we'll see how they fare, although for most mom vans they won't see any kind of abuse.