Multiple front strut p/n's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was looking at Rock Auto for front shock/struts for a 2019 Suburban/Yukon XL and they list over 20 different p/n's depending on suspension code. Not including Magneride.
I know my code from the RPO, but did GM really make that many p/n's? I can see different p/n's for Z71 and smooth ride, and 5.3 and 6.2 engines, but 25?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are 2 RPO codes that you use to determine the correct strut.

The first RPO code is the basic suspension type code, such as Z55 (Electronic) and Z95 (Magneride). I personally do not know the specific basic suspension codes, other than these two premium suspensions.

The second RPO code is the sub-type suspension code (for lack of a better word), and examples of these codes for my 07 Yukon XL Denali are 6JK (left side) and 7JK (right side).

Both of the above RPO codes are listed on your RPO code sticker in your glove box. Get the combination of the 2 codes, and you should be able to find the correct strut.

To make it a bit easier, go to GMPartsDirect.com and enter your VIN, and then go to the Suspension section.

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 2 RPO codes that you use to determine the correct strut.

The first RPO code is the basic suspension type code, such as Z55 (Electronic) and Z95 (Magneride). I personally do not know the specific basic suspension codes, other than these two premium suspensions.

The second RPO code is the sub-type suspension code (for lack of a better word), and examples of these codes for my 07 Yukon XL Denali are 6JK (left side) and 7JK (right side).

Both of the above RPO codes are listed on your RPO code sticker in your glove box. Get the combination of the 2 codes, and you should be able to find the correct strut.

To make it a bit easier, go to GMPartsDirect.com and enter your VIN, and then go to the Suspension section.
Like I said, I know the correct RPO code for mine, I just can't believe there are 25 different strut p/n's. Especially when there are only 2 or 3 for the rear shocks.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Where in RA are you seeing those? Here's what I see for the Suburban with the 5.3 (9 mfrs, 17 choices depending on your specs):

1712109675176.png

Have you looked at an online GM site like gmpartsdirect and entered your VIN, to see what is shown for front shock part numbers based on your RPO codes?

Are your suspension RPO codes secret, or would you care to share?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I said, I know the correct RPO code for mine, I just can't believe there are 25 different strut p/n's. Especially when there are only 2 or 3 for the rear shocks.
Like I said, you need two codes to arrive at the specific combination that fits your truck.

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just look up shock/strut. Not with coil spring. This is only a partial listing of what I get. I found my code 6/7SH. Just wondering why they need 25 p/n's. rauto.JPG

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said, you need two codes to arrive at the specific combination that fits your truck.
According to Rock, you only need the RPO code, 6/7SH in my case, p/n 5401725. Just wondering why 25 different p/n's are actually needed. Seems crazy. There are no RPO codes in my glovebox. You have to scan a QR code. I got a full listing from one of the GM parts dealers with my VIN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881