New Escalade IQ EV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, and the Chinese understand the trend, creating just universal hybrids with a small internal combustion engine as a generator. Although such machines provide savings only while running on electricity. When the internal combustion engine is turned on, a miracle does not happen, the consumption of 15-17 liters per 100 km still comes out on a mid-size crossover.
Idk BYD seems to be killing it in the ev space in China and everywhere else. Pure Evs. They do have swappable batteries in China to make up for slow charge times on many of their EV variants which is a cool work around.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk BYD seems to be killing it in the ev space in China and everywhere else. Pure Evs. They do have swappable batteries in China to make up for slow charge times on many of their EV variants which is a cool work around.
There are many, BYD, yes. There is also VOYAH FREE or VOYAH DREAM. VOYAH DREAM for example, these luxury minivans with 1.5 liter internal combustion engines. and stock on Electricity 80km, and on Petrol 800km. But the cost of such cars is also very decent. 100-120 thousand dollars.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many, BYD, yes. There is also VOYAH FREE or VOYAH DREAM. VOYAH DREAM for example, these luxury minivans with 1.5 liter internal combustion engines. and stock on Electricity 80km, and on Petrol 800km. But the cost of such cars is also very decent. 100-120 thousand dollars.
Yup. Super cheap. There was a review of an inexpensive BYD and the consensus seems to be that it's really good for the price. I don't know how they will fare under U.S. car/crash regulations.

Last edited:

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. Super cheap. There was a review of an inexpensive BYD and the consensus seems to be that it's really good for the price. I don't know how they will fare under U.S. car/crash regulations.

Byd dolfin is a small-sized car. There are a lot of them. They are all inexpensive. All other things being equal, I would rather choose the BMW i3

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They lost $4.5 billion, only sold 8,757 ford lightnings for the year and interest is declining. That’s not a sustainable business model
I can get $10K off a Lightning here in WI.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Real life photos

Attachments

• 1000000909.jpg
    1000000909.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 1000000910.jpg
    1000000910.jpg
    662 KB · Views: 3
  • 1000000911.jpg
    1000000911.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 3

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of it to be honest. The price tag alone is staggering for what it is. Saw one at a local dealer behind crowd control barriers with signs that said "DO NOT TOUCH". I might own a EV, but I am still a petrol head at heart.

After doing some recent car shopping, the rear seat entertainment that is attached to the seat is a NO GO. If you get someone short (like my wife), the rear seat user will not be able to use the touch screen because they cant reach it... But this even applies to the current model. I am looking for roof or pillar mounted.

Past that, the rear seat actually looked cramped. The B-Pillar creates a hell of a blind spot out of the drivers side for anyone that is above 5'8", per the salesman, most cars/trucks are this way now.

And to be honest... its not a good looking truck. Reminds me of a Genesis QV80, and when the QV80 gets electrified, will likely be better than the Cadi, for 85-95k... And come with a MUCH better warranty. The more I looked at the Esky EV... The more I thought it looked like a Chevy Traverse...

I know, I know... My Rivian looks like Squidward from Sponge Bob... But I would say that with the Riv R1 refresh going on right now, the Riv R1 will likely be better than the Cadi, for $35k+ cheaper. And thats the loaded model, compared to the Cadi base model.

And for gods sake... QUIT WITH THE GLASS ROOFS! Stupid stupid stupid! At least make it an option, or something.
50% of the Rivian owners buy glass roof shades, making the glass roof pointless.

The website indicates that the Frunk is big enough for 2 sets of golf clubs... Now we know who this is geared for.

750hp/785tq and still can only get to 60 in 5 seconds? Thats quick... Not fast.. As I said, I am a gearhead. I am at 3.0 flat to 60 in my Rivian, for a hell of a lot less money.

I will say that the 40 speaker AKG stereo is mouthwatering! I am at 22 speakers, Meridian derived, in the Rivian, and its not great, but its very good.
But after looking at the pics, I realized 8 of those speakers are just in the head rests, 2 in each seat for the front and the middle. Not a fan of this.

I am mostly happy with the EV Rivian.. I do wish it had a solid roof, or sunroof. I do wish the seats were made for Fat Americans. I do wish I had more dealer service centers. But those are my only complaints.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of it to be honest. The price tag alone is staggering for what it is. Saw one at a local dealer behind crowd control barriers with signs that said "DO NOT TOUCH". I might own a EV, but I am still a petrol head at heart.

After doing some recent car shopping, the rear seat entertainment that is attached to the seat is a NO GO. If you get someone short (like my wife), the rear seat user will not be able to use the touch screen because they cant reach it... But this even applies to the current model. I am looking for roof or pillar mounted.

Past that, the rear seat actually looked cramped. The B-Pillar creates a hell of a blind spot out of the drivers side for anyone that is above 5'8", per the salesman, most cars/trucks are this way now.

And to be honest... its not a good looking truck. Reminds me of a Genesis QV80, and when the QV80 gets electrified, will likely be better than the Cadi, for 85-95k... And come with a MUCH better warranty. The more I looked at the Esky EV... The more I thought it looked like a Chevy Traverse...

I know, I know... My Rivian looks like Squidward from Sponge Bob... But I would say that with the Riv R1 refresh going on right now, the Riv R1 will likely be better than the Cadi, for $35k+ cheaper. And thats the loaded model, compared to the Cadi base model.

And for gods sake... QUIT WITH THE GLASS ROOFS! Stupid stupid stupid! At least make it an option, or something.
50% of the Rivian owners buy glass roof shades, making the glass roof pointless.

The website indicates that the Frunk is big enough for 2 sets of golf clubs... Now we know who this is geared for.

750hp/785tq and still can only get to 60 in 5 seconds? Thats quick... Not fast.. As I said, I am a gearhead. I am at 3.0 flat to 60 in my Rivian, for a hell of a lot less money.

I will say that the 40 speaker AKG stereo is mouthwatering! I am at 22 speakers, Meridian derived, in the Rivian, and its not great, but its very good.
But after looking at the pics, I realized 8 of those speakers are just in the head rests, 2 in each seat for the front and the middle. Not a fan of this.

I am mostly happy with the EV Rivian.. I do wish it had a solid roof, or sunroof. I do wish the seats were made for Fat Americans. I do wish I had more dealer service centers. But those are my only complaints.
When you have 40 or 22 for that matter speakers, can you tell if one goes out or malfunctions immediately? I need someone to give me an EV because I know I will break it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlazinMilk

Latest posts