Passenger side brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
I replaced my tail lights with LEDs years ago. The tail light works and so does the turn signal, it's only when I press the brake pedal it no longer lights up. I checked all related fuses and they're all good. Any ideas what else I should be checking?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced my tail lights with LEDs years ago. The tail light works and so does the turn signal, it's only when I press the brake pedal it no longer lights up. I checked all related fuses and they're all good. Any ideas what else I should be checking?
I’d check to make sure your LED didn’t take a dump.

I’m assuming it is lit and then when you hit the brakes it goes out instead of going brighter.

What about when you use the turn signal?

OP
OP
gbleezy

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
It's a whole LED housing but yeah, turn signal works and the LEDs are lit up when I turn the lights on, they just don't get brighter when I press the brake pedal and it's only the passenger side.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
If they were inexpensive it’s time to replace it. Unfortunately you’ll have to buy the set (again). Moisture has probably contaminated the ICB that controls the brake light portion

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe your brake lights are separate bulbs. I'd test them in another fixture / vehicle to see if it's really the bulbs. Otherwise, I believe there's a brake switch for the lights and of course the wiring. Try another bulb (just get a cheap one) and or test those in another fixture first.

Or maybe I'm confused, is that a whole assembly? Did you modify the wiring for that setup?

OP
OP
gbleezy

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
It's a whole housing and the only bulb that is separate is the reverse light bulb. It's all plug and play. I was thinking it could be the brake switch but wouldn't all the brake lights not work if it was a faulty brake switch? The LEDs still work because the turn signal works and the tail lights still work. I checked the fuses with a fuse tester and they're good, but I may just replace them anyway.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 10.14.21 AM.png

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Buy the exact same ones and return the broken ones. They should last longer than that.

OP
OP
gbleezy

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
I bought them 10+ years ago. I don't even remember where I bought them from since it's been so long.

steve45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you swap left and right to verify that the right side is working correctly? Don't drive it, of course, just plug them into the harness and try them in your driveway.

arkie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check your turn signal switch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ironworks