Wanted 86-93 Mustang Notchback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
That car used to be red, and look to have gotten a macco paint job at one point. Being that the car has been living in Kansas, I would assume the car has rust. How long has the current owner owned it ?

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That car used to be red, and look to have gotten a macco paint job at one point. Being that the car has been living in Kansas, I would assume the car has rust. How long has the current owner owned it ?
I think he said 4 years.

Reaction score
I don't have a Facebook account so I can't login to see the pics.

If you are able to get the owner to send you pics of the underside, try to look at the condition of the upper and lower torque boxes (area where the upper and lower control arms bolt to the subframe and floor) and look for cracks or tearing metal. If driven hard and those areas not reinforced the factory tack welds will fail/crack.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked back at the ad for this car..... down below, there's a video showing the engine running.... It may be the audio, due to the phone recording,... it wasn't a perfect idle, but that may be the sound 'pick-up, to the phone's mic. It wasn't bad..... The dust, all over the engine..... it is fairly even.... ( dirt roads?)... But also, it didn't look like anything has been replaced recently. That may be a good sign??

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I looked back at the ad for this car..... down below, there's a video showing the engine running.... It may be the audio, due to the phone recording,... it wasn't a perfect idle, but that may be the sound 'pick-up, to the phone's mic. It wasn't bad..... The dust, all over the engine..... it is fairly even.... ( dirt roads?)... But also, it didn't look like anything has been replaced recently. That may be a good sign??
I also asked him about the idle. Almost sounded like it had a tap. He said there's no strange noises--no tap.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have a Facebook account so I can't login to see the pics.

If you are able to get the owner to send you pics of the underside, try to look at the condition of the upper and lower torque boxes (area where the upper and lower control arms bolt to the subframe and floor) and look for cracks or tearing metal. If driven hard and those areas not reinforced the factory tack welds will fail/crack.

I don't have Facebook either but was able to view the pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildvv