What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh He, pulled me over I pulled off at the next exit all the way to a safe spot for him to have room to walk up to my passenger side. shut of the truck and rolled my windows down, accidently hit the rear button and made them go half way down and then lowered the fronts, he got on the pa and asked me roll the rear windows down all the way (there tinted 5%) so I did.
He walked up and asked if I had a reason why I blew past him so fast? I said no sir and remained silent, he then asked where are you going? I said I am going to pickup by brother in law from the hospital. He then said, ok look you need to slow down (truth) we don't want to be cleaning you off the highway (also true) and he said/asked your brother is having a medical procedure? I nodded and said "yes" (technically true). He said "I get it" and walked back to his car and drove off. That was the entire conversation. (oh, and he flashed his light at my radar detector and "those don't work anymore") A lie but I didn't say anything. he didn't have any radar on.

He was a young guy probably 25, I don't think he even called my plates in or anything he wasn't on the radio and I think it was the end of his shift and didn't want to deal with it. I followed him until he got off at the downtown exit where the main office is.
@CMoore711 about 40% of the time I somehow manage to talk my way out of a ticket, my wife has witnessed it multiple times and just shakes her head in disbelief.

I was telling him the truth I had dropped him off at the hospital earlier because he got bit by a tic a few days and it wasn't looking pretty so went in to get checked out and get some antibiotics and was finished up so I was just picking him up.
You totally dodged the bullet with that one.
He could have taken you and your truck to jail.
And, any ticket for over 100mph stays on your driving record for 7 years, not 4 like a regular ticket.
Ask me how I know.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I figured you would have it on for that interaction "just in case".
naw, i'm 100% guilty in this case. Been trying to make it habit of staying under 100 so if I do get a ticket I can do traffic school
but there was virtually no traffic, should have known better. just got lucky is all.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You totally dodged the bullet with that one.
He could have taken you and your truck to jail.
And, any ticket for over 100mph stays on your driving record for 7 years, not 4 like a regular ticket.
Ask me how I know.
ya I have had tickets stay on for many years, not dui or anything (never had one) they actually had to go in a purge my record, had tickets on there over 10 years

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya I have had tickets stay on for many years, not dui or anything (never had one) they actually had to go in a purge my record, had tickets on there over 10 years

I had one ticket my whole life. That was for doing 90 in a 55 in a Pontiac 6000 with the fuel injected iron duke, towing a 4x6 flatbed utility trailer with my '87 Suzuki Quad Sport.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a racing on highway ticket in my early 20s, really it was a dead end back road at 3am in the middle of no where. not highway involved. on my record with the fbi got life, comes up every 2 years when I got to renew my badge. considering criminal not traffic.

blah.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ on a cracker! Wes, you are real damn lucky but glad we are not looking at a pic of you in orange - not really your color!
the cops are really not that bad about it here, they are after the guys doing take overs, racing or people that run and don't stop more than anything, speeders are caught left & right.

I won't be taking any more chances anytime soon I know when my get out of jail cards are gone.
my MO is 2 tickets back to back in a week, but that hasn't happened in a good while

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
down hill with a tail wind?
the sideways v6 was no slouch, i used to drive the piss out of those things. I think the factory cut-off was 110 but they had a bit more to go
the only thing holding that design back was the transmission, they couldn't find a way to transfer more power without damage
the cheapy 4-bangers not so much but they would get you a to b

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That old Pontiac 4 banger rolled like a SOB. Loved that car. 4 door hatchback. I eventually gave it to my parents. That was their first front wheel drive car. Was mine too come to think of it.

I did have a '78 Suburban I ran around in front wheel drive for a few weeks when I lost a u-joint in the rear shaft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travisryan78