01 yukon xl security light issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dl117

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey new here, searched a little and could not find exact issue so here it goes.

I have an 01 yukon xl that battery went dead a couple weeks ago, changed it no problem, 2 days later wife could not start, cable was loose, neighbor tightened and doors locked, since then security light has been on and draining battery. It starts and runs, but no daytime running lights, but when I turn on switch I have all exterior lights except headlights. I also have no interior lights or keyless entry. I am getting frustrated, the positive thing is it is a 3rd vehical for us, but I sure would like to get this to work.
Maybe a key switch?, BCM? My understanding is that the security shuts down fuel also, but that is not a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks very much.:roflbow:

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
Have you tried disconnecting the battery again for about 5-10 minutes? That should reset the BCM. Maybe the loose cable caused a short or something. Just be sure to tighten 'em back up though.

OP
OP
D

dl117

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have tried that a few times, replaced the BCM with a salvage yard one, and everything is the same, I am going to take it in to the dealer and have it scanned and see what the hell is going on. The battery only lasts 2 days and still no headlights or interior. Very frustrating.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
Sounds like there may be a module staying awake after key off. Odd question but does your rear wiper/squirter work?

OP
OP
D

dl117

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got it figured out, it was not getting power to the BCM, bad wire and blown fuse, fuse did not even look blown, had to test to figure out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate