01TahoeNJN's complete custom build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to at least powder coat the bumpers to match, and that's an order soldier! Do what you want with the grill. It should look good either way.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allow me to help you on your decision. lol.

Not sure if you have seen these or not, but some are very nice.

These are trucks, but you get the idea.

But this one has the outer grille painted, chrome bar, painted top pad, painted valance, chrome bumper, body colored bowtie. looks pretty classy but yet subtle. Really like this one.
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/SAL_CERRALVO/Mobile Uploads/C360_2011-12-11-17-24-20.jpg

Would LOVE to have the rear rims.

Whole thread on nothing but HD front ends.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242163

Attachments

• Picture376.jpg
    Picture376.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF1588.jpg
    DSCF1588.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike's right, they do look good with the chrome bumper... but then you'll need some chrome wheels too.

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
First thing first thank you mike for hooking me up maybe I'll take a shot at photoshopping these and getting what I'm picturing and comparing originals to what I had I'll have to see later this weekend like Sunday maybe into Monday if I'm lazy :mexsmoke:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i see you found that PIAA valance, the discontinued one. lol. Pretty cool looking though i will say.

I kind of really do like that one i posted the link of, http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...1-17-24-20.jpg, that one. Then you could keep your bumpers chrome and spend the money on painting the outter grille, hood and getting the bumpers moved. Then if you do want it all colormatched, all you would have is bumpers.

Following you on this is making me want a hd front, well grille, top pad. All black of course.

and no problem, found it and thought it might help you see some painted, not painted, and some semi painted.

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Mike you read my mind man I love that first one.. I'll probably just paint the cap through on the grill and valance (both being black) keep a chrome bumper and if I see color matching the grill then that's an easy adjustment along with the bumper...

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike you read my mind man I love that first one.. I'll probably just paint the cap through on the grill and valance (both being black) keep a chrome bumper and if I see color matching the grill then that's an easy adjustment along with the bumper...

Yeah, it looks classy, subtle touch. I would go that route and see how you like it, but i would paint the grille though, at least the shell, not the bar, but the shell yes, painting the cap and valance, then leaving the black grille, i think would kill the front. And if your painting already, might as well throw that in as well, otherwise it will be another expense more than if you just did it all at once.

But either way, i really want to see this happen now. lol.

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I'm getting gloss black rims so I'm going to keep the bow-tie and valance black... If I wanna paint the shell and valance it takes 20 minutes to get each of combined nbd :handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBoyZ71