01TahoeNJN's complete custom build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
looking good man. im curious about the HID problem. I have ddm's in my hoe and the only problem ive had is sometime when the truck starts the flicker and dont come on. then i have to turn them on by flashing my brights.. i did notice that when i hooked them up a couple years ago they would only work wired backwards lol...

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

oh and nice choice on them black esky rims! would love to have a set for mine!

my first set of ddm flickered and never worked right as well as my xentec pair im staying away from hids for now..... lol

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Made some calls today... I got a pricing of 150 for powder coating my chrome bumper son I'm most likely going to jump on it and contrary to others the guy said it may be difficult to Match the pewter/champaign I have so we'll see

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

yesterday I fixed my switchback leds with resistors and attempted de-badging but its so cold out the hair drier was irrelevant lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsUwF3BNMTk

Before de-badge
65d11f2e.jpg

6abcd3d3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Got my windows factory matched 20% matched and brow
aefc1081-e20f-eebd.jpg
aefc1081-e225-0f8e.jpg

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Just a shot this morning of the brow...
aefc1081-b96b-5ee3.jpg

Also second guessing myself on whether or not to color match the chrome bumper or not....
Not sure but I feel like too much color match will look bad with pewter idk
Besides the point that the samples are taking forever to get here

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
HD CONVERSION UPDATE!!!!

I'm NOT color matching the chrome bumper when putting on the hd front end....

Reasons: i LOVED the way the chrome looked on my truck before i hit the A-hole...
I believe that flat colors look better color matched on these rigs then metallic trucks....

I.E
black, white, burgundy, red etc.

Although I'm not a HUGE fan of chrome I believe with balance it'll look real clean....

Examples:
aefc1b7c-5cc2-41fc.jpg

aefc1b7c-5ce3-12ac.jpg

aefc1b7c-5cd3-ed97.jpg

aefc1b7c-5d28-0aaf.jpg

aefc1b7c-5d9e-6157.jpg

aefc1b7c-5dfb-095c.jpg

With chrome....
aefc1b7c-5e20-e201.jpg

aefc1b7c-5e2f-5a43.jpg

....... My color......vvv
aefc1b7c-5e8d-3e56.jpg

aefc1b7c-5eaa-296f.jpg

aefc1b7c-5eeb-3641.jpg

Vs. color matched
aefc1b7c-5f31-a3ab.jpg

i have also been having trouble finding a match with powder and once i found it my powder coater insisted that the powder makers products are garbage... if i absolutley hate it ill yank it off and powder coat it but i'd rather not go inn 150+ $$ and find out I hate it :hands:

so what does this mean?? Hd done by end of march NO later

Last edited:
OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
so i have been following plasti dip mods pretty tight these days and decided to pick up some this week since my rims were a horror show themselves alson hit the bowtie and tow hooks.....

looks sharp IMO
bc29c7cf.jpg
9e373c15.jpg
81bb7843.jpg
bc29c7cf.jpg
15340eb1.jpg
b090a0cc.jpg
ce90844f.jpg

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always liked that black chevy, wish i had his engine as well. lol. (unless you just searched for his truck image) Those maroon ones are nice as well. i like color matched, The plain chrome grille looks just like it, a work truck to me, (the hd grille) Or paint the outter part and leave the bar ??? IDK..

The plasti dip works great, i put some on awhile back ago on some rims, they are on a truck at work, that gets drove everywhere and still looks like i just did it.

Your tahoe looks like chancey now.. lol

Looking forward to whichever way you choose. HD march... marking it down. ha ha..

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
No I have all three of their threads saved haha but I think when it comes to "flat" colors like those color match looks great... But since mine has gold silver and god knows what other hues it'd look like to much... I would consider matching the rest of the grill and keeping the bar chrome and have thought about it... It's easier to reverse than powder coat.....

Chauncey's Has two things different.... Stock hoe vents and no stickers Hahaha.... Also mark it down! I won't disappoint this time!!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good Garry! You should just scrap the HD idea and send your parts to me.

Haha, JK.
Can't wait to see the finished front end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBoyZ71