02 yukon shutoff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Talltee28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 02 yukon and I can't figure out what is making it shut off. So far I changed the filter, then after checking the pressure I found the fuel was not getting to the motor. So I changed the pump. But the problem still continues. It only cuts off after its been running for a while. I really need some help with this I'm starting to pull my hair out.

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 02 yukon and I can't figure out what is making it shut off. So far I changed the filter, then after checking the pressure I found the fuel was not getting to the motor. So I changed the pump. But the problem still continues. It only cuts off after its been running for a while. I really need some help with this I'm starting to pull my hair out.

have you disconnected the battery recently?? You might need a passkey relearn.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

I disconnected the battery from my tahoe for a little while and while I was driving it would shutoff on me and the security light kept flashing. I would be in drive, like 30MPH and it would shutoff, once I did the passkey relearn it stopped doing that.

tat2dtrash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you replace the fuel filter when you replaced the pump? I have seen instances when the fuel filter was partialy plugged, and the vehicle will run until the line looses pressure, and the filter will not let the fuel through quick enough to keep up with the demands of the motor. Just a thought. This would explain why the motor runs for only a short time. Sorry...just read the post again. Like I said....I'm new.lol

OP
OP
Talltee28

Talltee28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was fooling with it on my lunch break and the check engine light came on and also the reduced power light, I'm scanning it now I'll put the code up in a minute

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Ok so the code is p1514a it a throttle body performance code. So from what I understand it seems to be a common problem

NJTaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was fooling with it on my lunch break and the check engine light came on and also the reduced power light, I'm scanning it now I'll put the code up in a minute

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Ok so the code is p1514a it a throttle body performance code. So from what I understand it seems to be a common problem

I found this and hopefully it will help you out.

SES Light On with TAC Module Codes P1516 and Possible Codes P1514 P1515 P1518 - 4.8 5.3 6.0 actuator clearance cold contact distort DTC intermittent pedal position power sensor temperature throttle #PI00827C - (Oct 22, 2003)

When servicing the vehicle with the VIN you entered, the following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the described symptoms.

Condition/Concern:

SES light accompanied by DTC P1516, and / or reduced engine power. ( other DTCs may be present as well )

Recommendation/Instructions:

After following all published diagnostics the following should be performed:

For C/K trucks and utilities: Check for an obvious loose ground at G103 located next to the right cylinder head (passenger side) just below the head and mounted into the block. The ground uses a 13 mm bolt head mounted vertically to the right rear of the engine block just above the bell housing. G104 located behind the left cylinder head has also been found to cause this concern.

For S/T Utilities equipped with the 5.3 LM4: Check for an obvious loose ground at G108 located on the lower left side of the engine block. Verify all electrical connections especially right at the TAC module. There have been reports of the plastic retaining tab in the connector missing causing poor contact especially on rough roads.

Please be aware that a low battery condition may cause any of these codes to set.

If conditions described above are not observed, replace throttle body assembly P/N 12570800. Torque the throttle body mounting nuts per SI in a two step process: 45 lb / inches on the 1st pass, and then 89 lb / inches on the final pass.

Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance. This diagnostic approach was developed for the vehicle with the VIN you entered and should not be automatically be used for other vehicles with similar symptoms.

Models:

(03 GMT 370, Trailblazer/Envoy) and (03 Cadillac, Escalade, C6) and (03 Cadillac, EXT, C1) and (03 Chevrolet, Avalanche, K1, K2) and (03 Chevrolet Silverado Truck C1,C2,C3) and (03 Chevrolet Silverado Truck K1,K2,K3) and (03 GMC Sierra Truck C1,C2,C3) and (03 GMC Sierra Truck K1,K2,K3) and (03 CHEVROLET, TAHOE, C1) and (03 CHEVROLET, TAHOE, K1) and (03 CHEVROLET, SUBURBAN, C1,C2) and (03 CHEVROLET, SUBURBAN, K1,K2) and (03 GMC, YUKON, C1) and (03 GMC, YUKON, K1) and (03 GMC, YUKON XL, C1,C2) and (03 GMC, YUKON XL, K1,K2) and (03 GMC, YUKON DENALI, AWD)

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=43119.15;wap2

OP
OP
Talltee28

Talltee28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks man I did that a few days ago and I also had a crank sensor code so I changed that yesterday but so far so good it hasn't cut offf yet

kev92gt

Reaction score
Was told to clean tb but still having problems its a lot scary when u lose power at 70 in the fast lane. Any help would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3