02Yukon to Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good start. What stereo and camera set up are you installing?

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the Airaid MIT in yesterday evening, so I just installed it after class today.

Pics of new hardware
2pwQPS.jpg

Dirty engine bay before the install
gQE78H.jpg

Shot of the stock air box just to see how clean or dirty it was. Before the filter wasn't horrible, but the top end of the box that feeds to the tube is spotless...I was shocked. It looked clean enough for me to lick it.
JqOJIC.jpg

Comparison between stock and the new tube
iIHNPx.jpg

And final install with a little cleaning
dlWphn.jpg

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the double din installed this week. Love the new system, especially the hands-free blutooth calling. I'm only using the green LED display to try to match the stock colors on the dash. If I ever get around to getting a new gauge cluster, I'll upgrade to newer LEDs.

FAu1Dn.jpg

P27w4O.jpg

Here's a shot of the reverse view. Not sure why this one came out so much darker than the rest.

AHamOs.jpg

I also cleaned up the headlights this morning. @about20ninj45 should be pleased to finally see this haha
Just a quick preview...don't need to upload a whole bunch of pictures for both sides just for you guys to see that they're oxidized.

TQh44Y.jpg

BHEtPZ.jpg

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Pioneer looks really nice in there.
Thank you sir. This is the first vehicle I've ever used a double din with bluetooth capabilities, so I can't imagine going back to the stock system now.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you there. Bluetooth is soooo worth it. Thinking about changing out my JVC for one of these Pioneer units. Looks good.

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked the JVC unit I had in my Envoy. Only complaint was that it took a while for it to load/read and play formats. Not a huge deal to me, but I've seen others complain about it on various forums.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's a good unit. Slow on picking up Bluetooth, but works great once it is connected.

Not a touch screen or rear view camera which I am finding I really like in the 2015 Suburban I use for work.

Which camera model did you use with the Pioneer and where did you mount it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus