02Yukon to Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite a bit of updates, but not many pictures over the past few weeks. Finally got the spindles and rear springs installed. As you will see in the pictures, the 2/3 drop seemed too low in the rear for me (especially with the A/T tires). I ended up ordering a 2" spacer to replace the 1" one that came with the kit from Tony. He was a big help, especially since the shop incorrectly installed the rear end links >.< It rode like a radio flyer wagon until I had time to drop it back off and explain the issue.

First set of pictures are with the 2/3 drop...which was too low for me.
HI8jna.jpg

Datzrt.jpg

Now here are a few pics with the 2" spacer to raise the rear up a bit.

MaxO76.jpg

b1VBrK.jpg

Shn4cQ.jpg

I know it needs a good cleaning, but the weather has been sporadic lately. And to add a slight teaser pic, I'm not worried about the paint because I'll soon have the sides and rear painted when these new pieces are installed :cool:
tTJJXm.jpg

Happy New Year!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work on the suspension and drop. Liking that stance. Wheels complement nicely too. :thumbsup:

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did it sit that low at 3 inches? What kind of shocks you have in the rear? Did you measure to see where the fenders sat at on the 3 inch drop?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I set him up with the 5305 coils. There are different kits online vendors sell aND I only sell the 5305 coils for my customers. for 3 to 4 is way to go

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I set him up with the 5305 coils. There are different kits online vendors sell aND I only sell the 5305 coils for my customers. for 3 to 4 is way to go
My kit is 759. So what's the difference in my rear coils and 5305?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hopefully they put in the right coils. Check to make sure yours,says,5305 on coils. Also if you have the oem hd shocks they keep it up when you put belltechs on will go down

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they put in the right coils. Check to make sure yours,says,5305 on coils. Also if you have the oem hd shocks they keep it up when you put belltechs on will go down
I just looked at the coils and they have 5305-001 H15 on them. I'm just curious as to why his Tahoe sat so low in the rear with a 3 inch drop in rear with the 1 inch spacer in it.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Great ride. Can't wait till you have the side pieces on. Oh and love the wheels. I am lookin for a set of them also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did it sit that low at 3 inches? What kind of shocks you have in the rear? Did you measure to see where the fenders sat at on the 3 inch drop?

Right rear was 34" exactly and left rear measured 33 and 3/4 with the 1" spacer. Both fronts measured in at 33 3/8 with the 2" spindles. I don't have a measurement right now with the 2" spacer, but I can check on that in the morning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus