02Yukon to Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the double din installed this week. Love the new system, especially the hands-free blutooth calling. I'm only using the green LED display to try to match the stock colors on the dash. If I ever get around to getting a new gauge cluster, I'll upgrade to newer LEDs.

FAu1Dn.jpg

P27w4O.jpg

Here's a shot of the reverse view. Not sure why this one came out so much darker than the rest.

AHamOs.jpg

I also cleaned up the headlights this morning. @about20ninj45 should be pleased to finally see this haha
Just a quick preview...don't need to upload a whole bunch of pictures for both sides just for you guys to see that they're oxidized.

TQh44Y.jpg

BHEtPZ.jpg
Looking good!!!!!!:)

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a big update, but after an exam today I needed a little stress relief. Color matched the front GMC emblem...no up close pictures yet because I haven't done any fine detailing around the letters.
JRyH9D.jpg

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice!

What are you studying? I'm ME and CS here. And I'm now old too. :-(

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a set of wheels and a 2/3 belltech lowering kit from Tony a few weeks ago. Dropped the Yukon off to get everything installed at 8 this morning only to receive a call from the shop saying the lowering kit couldn't be installed because they only do lift kits... Apparently only high school kids with their parents' money are the ones getting suspension work done in my county. Will post pics of wheels tomorrow.

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the new wheels. Thanks @NORCAL SS Maybe I can get the lowering kit on before school starts back too.
Tires are Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/50/20
u3PkRn.jpg
r9ehsD.jpg
UI9D5B.jpg

NEXT UP: Get the Denali trim molding painted and put on. I have all the pieces, I'm just debating whether I want to repaint the sides when I have the molding installed. There are a few rough places on the driver door that look worn down to the metal. I have also considered getting that touched up and having new clear sprayed on. Stay tuned!

OP
OP
Knope

Knope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I've got the Upper and Lower Intermediate steering shaft being installed. (Edit)*** Getting this installed because I'm tired of the rattle and also having the steering wheel cocked at an angle when driving straight. Pitman and Idler arms were swapped out last year.

Decided to let him install both sway bars too since I'll be working while on break. It already handles much better with the 20s compared to stock. When I'm done, just about every suspension part will be new aside from the control arms.

seIF0I.jpg

Last edited: