03 yukon trany problems!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

still motion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need some help! My trans when out last weekend. I tore it down and rebuild it.
I upgraded the clutches and planetary's. But did not upgrade the electrical. I put it in and it does the same thing. No 3rd and 4th. Please any feed back would help. On a side note. I've been dealing with the reduced engine power for the last 3 years and cost my over 1200 dollars and still haven't fixed it.

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way too many tranny problems in 6 and 7 yr old vehicles on this forum. Makes me want to get rid of mine (90508 miles) before mine goes. Sorry can't help you in that area.

TogaPC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May be the shift solenoids. One went out in my old 2000 nbs tahoe and I lost 1st and 4th. Replaced at a trans shop for about $125. The parts are cheap so if you can rebuild the tranny you should be able to replace them.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the reduce engine power issue, a co-worker of mine had the same problem on his 02 hoe. Turned out to be one of the wires on the throttle body positioning sensor. The wire was bent at some point to were it had a little cut in it. He replaced part after part until he and his mechanic worked on it together and found the problem.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the reduce engine power issue, a co-worker of mine had the same problem on his 02 hoe. Turned out to be one of the wires on the throttle body positioning sensor. The wire was bent at some point to were it had a little cut in it. He replaced part after part until he and his mechanic worked on it together and found the problem.

Ditto on this. I believe I have the same issue but havent changed it yet. There is a TSB on this for our trucks. If you turn the truck off manipulate the wires (move them around to try and get the connection back) coming out of the TB and start it back up. I believe the issue is the yellow wire. If everything goes back to normal then that's your problem.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Man, I hope my tranny keeps on keepin' on. 140,000+ and going strong so far.

*knock on wood*

OP
OP
S

still motion

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your info. But I had the gm dealer replace the TB harness and still was f**king up. I started to replace parts, Throttle body, still no fix. Then the pedal twice, one from autozone and the other from the dealer.
Still no fix. So i started looking deeper. I replaced the battery and alternator at the same time. Still no Fix. I know its not the ECM, so I'm going to try the Accelerator Control Module. Thats what communicate's from the pedal to the ECM and engine. Then I'm giving up and i guess I'll just deal with it. On the tranny note, I went to a trans shop and they recommend me taking it to a electrical guy to find why the transmissions's not getting signal to shift.
If any help would help me. Is any one else having any problems like this!!
Thank You.
And Good Luck!

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the code read at least?..

03_Denali

Reaction score
have you cleaned/checked the speed sensors (VSS)on all 4 corners? They tend to gunk up and cause problems I see you have a 4wd,

And get the code read, it will point you in the right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staceyw9172

Latest posts