04 yukon denali 6.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O4EGON_DENALI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TPS issue doesnt explain the Instrument Cluster problems. Running the battery down listening to the radio and zapping the last bit of usable life out of an assumed older battery explains it all. Dead/Weak Cell in the battery.
I concur but my batt left tested out perfect and is maybe a year old! Ground has been upgrade and is solid!

Nothing has been done except the headlight housings, and that was literally just the housings with the same bulbs from from previous set, in 4 months or so! aside from general maintenance and upkeep!

O4EGON_DENALI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Too many electrical gremlins, bcm might be corroded. How many miles are on the suv? where are you located?

Btw, the ride looks good
Just rolled 215k yesterday and I’m in Oregon, not on the coast and the roads aren’t salted here in the winters either

Appreciate the nod! Going for something a little different with Tahoe well trims over the top of the Denali skirting! The HD Hood too really helps

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure what happened with it tbh! Batt tested good, by the time I got to the shop but before I got everything out to start testing anything and everything I could think of, everything went back normal op! I haven’t done anything since except drive it and nothing has presented itself nor has a single symptom returned.

Ground has been upgraded, battery strong, alt strong!

Maybe the cpu did went into a hard reset?
Its possible the cluster is a completely separate problem that showed its ugly head during everything else. This generation of clusters have a seriously problem with silver migration. The solder on the cluster board has silver (higher melting point than regular solder) in it. The silver solder will start to corrode and cause either a grayish powder or whitish powder to grow crystals at solder point on the board and bridge other connections on the board causing havoc or fatal failure. Its easy enough to fix since it only requires the cluster to be pulled out and then toothbrush some either 100% industrial isopropyl alcohol or if you dont have access get some 91% from Walmart and clean the circuit board real good with the toothbrush. (Soft Bristle). Somewhere around here I posted pics of cluster board and typical failure points and their symptoms (Busted solder joints) Even circled the eprom on the circuit board that actually is where your odometer mileage is stored. You change that chip over to your replacement board and it saves from having to send in cluster for a reprogram just for the stupid mileage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road