04 yukon denali 6.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

forgetit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Denali gasps (sometimes) when taking off, or pulling out for a few seconds then goes to whatever position the throttle is in.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

When you say 'gasps', does that include a temporary loss of power, which then surges back?

O4EGON_DENALI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m having the same issue and I can’t say for OP for mine, yes loss of power for a moment then it surges to catch up to where the throttle is! Prior to about an hour ago this had never happened! Here what happened!

I was getting ready to wash it and listening to tunes! Ran the battery dead as I had key in and the ignition position switched on. Ran out of juice, NBD, went to jump it, took 3 tries which is not norm but I may have been a little quick to turn it over! Started up just fine and then I noticed my instrumental panel was ready anything properly but still illuminated! Try to roll the windows up, nothing try to lock. Nothing took pill again same thing battery gauge fuel gauge temperature gauges RPMs all reading zero but rig running! Shut it down, start it up again great start just like normal. Still no gauges still no doors so I start checking fuses. Every single fuse I check is fine, ok whatever, well about 15 minutes goes by and I hear my door locks, turn the ignition on just come back. Everything looks like it’s working properly fuel tank reading properly batteries up reading right RPMs are right after I started it. Give it some gas and there’s a sputter, it lags and then catches up.

So that’s where I am! Out on the highway on the road same thing when I go to leave there’s a lag hard lag almost kills it and then it takes off like a bat out of hell

O4EGON_DENALI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New symptom: hard to start: starter is turning over beautifully, sounds good, but needed to put the foot on the gas peddle in order for it to even think of firing! During start and initially afterwards, the lagg or loss of power was evident!

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Too many electrical gremlins, bcm might be corroded. How many miles are on the suv? where are you located?

Btw, the ride looks good

Last edited:

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly to me sounds like it may be tps issues ( very common, also commonly results in reduced power issues)

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly to me sounds like it may be tps issues ( very common, also commonly results in reduced power issues)
TPS issue doesnt explain the Instrument Cluster problems. Running the battery down listening to the radio and zapping the last bit of usable life out of an assumed older battery explains it all. Dead/Weak Cell in the battery.

O4EGON_DENALI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Load test your battery and if it turns out ok look for a corroded, loose, open ground connection. Instrument cluster problems fit a battery with a dead/weak cell. Problematic grounds can cause havoc though too.
I’m not sure what happened with it tbh! Batt tested good, by the time I got to the shop but before I got everything out to start testing anything and everything I could think of, everything went back normal op! I haven’t done anything since except drive it and nothing has presented itself nor has a single symptom returned.

Ground has been upgraded, battery strong, alt strong!

Maybe the cpu did went into a hard reset?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roque44

Latest posts