05 Tahoe has loss of torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CookieMonster401
Reaction score
There's many things this could be. If it were mine, I'd like to know the fuel pressure when this happens and I'd fix that knock sensor before spending money on anything else.
Ive been sitting on new knock sensors for a while since I gotta remove the entire intake manifold, but I'm getting under there this week I'm gonna set myself up for some new sensors too. Do I need a new manifold gasket?

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
46E5CA6F-636F-4F82-A19B-F878E1A15B42.jpeg Also look up the recommended sealing of the knock sensors with gasket maker. It’s hard to see in the photo above, but I sealed the entire top of that knock sensor grommet/hole. Water gets down into those holes and corrode the knock sensors due to poor or old grommets. Replace both sensors while you’re in there.

Also, if the corrosion is bad enough, you may need to replace the knock sensor harness, so keep that in mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanders speed

Latest posts