05 Tahoe has loss of torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
hey i own a 2005 LT tahoe with a 5.3L V8 and ive recently been experiencing a lack of power from a stop.. i only experience this if im at a stop sign crossing a busy road and i floor it too quickly get too the other side. but when i floor it the truck seems too bog down and crawl its way across, until about 25 MPH when she starts too take off like normal. basically the engine seems too bog and others have said "trip over itself" until about 25MPH, and it only happens at low rpm. ive learned that i get more power out of the truck at half throttle, than when the pedal is too the floor.. which is weird because ill have the pedal too the floor and when i try too let off because there is a car in front of me i actually proceed too accelerate more at half throttle. my knock sensor has been ticking for a while now does anyone thing this could be a reason to why this happens? maybe it could connect with the fact that when i put gas in the truck, she likes too spit gas out of the funnel if i put it in too fast so maybe somethings clogged? im pretty sure this truck is also on its stock ignition plugs and coils, so maybe a tune up would fix this?? should i order new coils and plugs or can i get away with only buying plugs? because ive checked for miss fires and i have none from the coils, they all function. maybe doing a plug change would improve performance?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id start with a tune up, plugs and wires. scan it for codes even if the check engine lights off,,,,if it is on scan asap.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, the fuel spitting back up the filler neck or only filling at slow speed. thats the evap canister tank or its solenoid 99% of the time. its under the truck near the tank and filler neck, hoses run to and from it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's many things this could be. If it were mine, I'd like to know the fuel pressure when this happens and I'd fix that knock sensor before spending money on anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scellybo100

Latest posts