06 denali xl cd changer removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
about20ninj45

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've already done an aftermarket head unit. Nav built in, bluetooth, and radio. Anyways, I don't have aux or sub inputs although my head unit toes have an iPod cable. Not sure if it works though a dive never used it. I just stream over bluetooth. Aneyays i want to do something different with the cd changer cuz I never use it. Like ever. Any ideas as to something somewhat simple to mod in there that's functional? That does something?

****** holder with LED lights for the different flavors

bhullIT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now the fun part. Turn on your car or put it in the acc position. Change your input to cdx, fire up that second radio, and test your volume. If you have sound,CONGRATS!!! if you dont, dont fret because you have 3 ways of turning up the volume via steering wheel, stoxk headunit or aftermarket head unit, they have to be adjusted so i recommend settimg your aftermarket radio to a volume level of 8 and then turn up the stock headunits volume. If for any reason you want to use xm on your stock, be aware that your xm inputs get overided by the cdx input, so if u change out of cdx input youncan hear it on the xm inputs. If you dont want to hear it over the xm, just turn the radio off.

Once you button everything back up, you are now finished! Hats off to you :party52: COMPLETE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, I WILL DO MY BEST TO RESPOND TO THEM IN A TIMELY MANOR! ENJOY!!!!!!
Excellent post & just what I was looking for on my newly acquired 2004 Escalade.

Thanks for taking the time to post!

Do you have any specs on the audio lines from the CDx? I would think they are line level (RCA) and would not require pre-amplification. I'm surprised your 2nd head unit did not cause distortion at anything above minimum volume so I wonder if amplification is actually required to at least match the CDx output levels.

Since I'm just looking for BT, my plan is to only install a BT to aux adapter which can be hidden.

I have the iTranzit Blu by iSimple which attaches to FM or AUX. FM is decent, but AUX will be better.

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent post & just what I was looking for on my newly acquired 2004 Escalade.

Why not just get a new head unit? Tech has advanced a lot since 2017 when this thread was last updated and Carplay/Android/BT head units have become more affordable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO