07 LTZ High Idel Throttle Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juttmk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just cleaned my TB last night.

Removed negative terminal
unplugged TB
Removed 4 10mm bolts
Sprayed and wiped out TB using throttle body cleaner

The vehicle now idles fine after startup, but once throttle is pushed down the tach sits @ 2500rpm. If I kick the car in neutral on the highway the tack climbs to 2500. I've tried removing the negative terminal multiple times. I have also followed the procedures for relearning the idle multiple times. I just got back from putting 125 miles on the car with no new changes. Any ideas?

Thanks

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
juttmk,

I understand that you are seeking advice on how to resolve this vehicle issue yourself. I might not be able to provide you with any technical advice but I would be happy to look into this concern if you find you cannot resolve this yourself. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my friends wife had a very similar issue the cable that connects your throttle hung up on something and holding the throttle open
just have yer wife or someone press on the throttle when i vehcile is off repeatedly to see if everything moves freely and its nice and snug
its possible the TPS throttle position sensor is funky but the only sympton ive heard of a bad TPS causes the PCM to go into Limp home mode
its kindof a reach but yer timing mite be something to consider

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not 100% sure but I think on these if you move the butterfly it messes the with the computer system. You may can do a throttle relearn or re teach the position. I read somewhere to not move it while cleaning.. sorry not more help

Mechahead

Reaction score
You may have to get it to a garage with a quality scan tool to relearn the idle. I have had them refuse to self-learn the new idle after cleaning before. Of course I have some refuse to retrain with the scan tool as well. I would also check for any vacuum leaks because 2500 sounds real high even for the dirtiest of throttle bodies after cleaning.

EDIT: By quality I mean bi-directional.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

nick2440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It needs to be driven for at least 3 days with cold starts and at least 25 miles per day. Just because you drove for 125 miles doesnt mean it will relearn after one trip. Give it a few days of driving and it will eventually go back to normal.

If it still doesnt relearn then yes a trip to the dealer is the only solution. They can dial in the idle with a tech 2

OP
OP
J

juttmk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just had the dealer relearn the idle. On the way home I noticed it was doing the same thing! The tech told me that this was normal and that you should never put a car into neutral while in motion. I explained that I can feel the car trying to take off at stop light and notice the oil pressure is way up. He said that this is perfectly fine and don't worry about a thing! I decided to go out tonight and drive the car again, in attempts to figure out the problem. When I take off VERY SLOW (0-2 mph) and then kick it into N the idle is at 1800 if you continue coasting in N nothing changes. When you come to a complete stop the rpm's go back to normal. If you rev the engine in N everything is fine. WTF is going on? I know my trans,brakes, ect are taking a beating under the current conditions.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
It needs to be driven for at least 3 days with cold starts and at least 25 miles per day. Just because you drove for 125 miles doesnt mean it will relearn after one trip. Give it a few days of driving and it will eventually go back to normal.

Just be patient it will correct itself like stated above.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Just be patient it will correct itself like stated above.

This, mine did the same. Was crazy for a few days and eventually relearned itself. Just give it time and drive as uou normally would. Your looking into it too much...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968