07' Suburban 150,000 - To many miles to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other, somewhat minor, things to check:

1. frame/undercarriage rust, especially above the spare, I'd drop it and check.
2. Leaking seals, like front axle seals.
3. Cracked or leaking CV axle gators.
4. color/condition all fluids.
5. Rear window defroster tabs, pet-peeve of mine, see recent posts.
6. Battery charge and alternator charge when running.
7. Peeling finish interior and exterior door handles.

OP
OP
bigbadchevy

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. I will be looking at the Yukon XL Denali tonight! 144,000 miles. It looks like its in perfect condition.

As for the AWD what should I look for ? I saw from the service records the differentials were checked at 120,000 so they should be good.

OP
OP
bigbadchevy

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
So I went to go look at the Denali and it looks really good and runs strong. Just a couple of things I notice and would like an opinion on.

1. I saw was there a small spot of rust (size of 2 quarters side by side) on the rear quarter panel by the rear passenger tail light. it's smooth not the bubbly kind. The dealership said that they would see what they could do about it.
2. The passenger side power running board wont come down when the door opens. (not a huge deal because I can do without them, yes they look and are pretty cool) not a deal breaker. I hear they tend to have issues
3. under the truck the frame has what appears to have "normal" rust for being a midwest vehicle and being a 2007. (nothing cracked or rusted through)
4. When taking a hard right turn in a parking lot I noticed a slight clunk at full wheel lock. (tie rods, bushing and pitman arm seem fine)
5. Cruise control didn't seem to engage hold speed. The light came on on the steering wheel button but when I pressed set it didn't hold speed. (again not a deal breaker, but is that thing that i can fix?)

PRO's
Engine and tranny feel strong and running very well. No slippage or clunking during gear changes. engine accelerates strong and steady. At first start up seemed it might have been sitting for a little while sounded a little rough but settled down into a nice pur with the 6.2L. Interior is flawless.

I'm totally capable of doing repairs and every maintenance on my own. I didn't notice any leakage from the axles or anything noticeably wrong mechanically.

I'm planning on going back to the dealership to check it out again and proceed if everything checks out.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cruise can be fixed by simply swapping the brake light module under the dash. I think it's a 15$ part change in less than 30 minutes. I did one on my yukon.

OP
OP
bigbadchevy

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
How can that spot of rust be stopped or covered up? that is the only minor blemish on the exterior of the truck. inside is spotless.

OP
OP
bigbadchevy

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
We decided to get the Denali! I figured out the clunking noise is the when you shut the passenger door the motor for the power steps is what's causing it because it doesn't deploy the step when you open the door. So it must be trying to pull the running board back that never deployed.

Anyway to fix this? Expensive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bigbadchevy

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
No it was sold as is. I bought it from a BMW dealership. They had great customer service but didn't want to put money into fixing and issue. They discounted the price for it though.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

a2utapep.jpg

I here is the dealer photo. I didn't take one my self yet but will post one when I bring it home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320