07 Tahoe engine hot ac turned off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
This morning I got the "Engine hot/turned off AC" message and the fans were screaming. There was no overheating and no CEL. This happened to me a while back. Turned out it was a bad connector on the pig tail to the engine coolant temp sensor. I replaced it along with the sensor and it fixed it, until now. Both parts were Duralast. I happened to have a spare pig tail and an AC Delco CTS so I replaced them. I also cleaned the negative terminals on both batteries and pulled the ECM fuse for about a minute. Started up and problem solved. Winning....for now anyway.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
I found a really easy fix on my Cold Case... Just take an empty / fired 45ACP case punch out the primer then shove it in the upper hose going to the overflow tank and reconnect the hose...
UPDATE: I removed the coldcase radiator last year because it split at the seems... I no loner recommend Cold Case...

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh dang. Did they offer to warranty it?
I would’ve had to send it back so they can inspect it and determine if it’s warranty or not. Then wait with no radiator while they decide and send another POS. I was annoyed so I went back to OEM (Denso) and recycled the thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knot on call