07 yukon starting problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stompor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked up my Yukon from the dealer yesterday, they replaced the starter under warranty. I hope this fixes my problem.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as the OP. It's not the battery...it definitly fuel related and not the battery. When I first got the truck I went through 3 GM batteries and then got sick of it and bought an Optima and has been flawless for 3 years.

Anyways....I'm getting the "extended crank" as well and brought it into the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. It's almost happening on a daily basis. It seems to do it more after it is heat soaked on a hot day and sits for a little bit after driving it. I've been taking videos of my starts on a daily basis and I included 2 below. Anyone have any ideas or have suggestions on the fix?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1dGapT6eEQ&feature=player_profilepage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrp7LvD2pqA&feature=player_profilepage

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AZSCTACO,
I would like to have another team look into this for you. Could you please send me your full contact information including your VIN and mileage?

Thank you

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

KCFLHTK

Reaction score
I just bought an 07 LTZ and it does the same exact thing. It was a Certified Vehicle so I have 12 month/12k mile warranty but I'm glad to see others are experiencing this. They put a new battery in it when I bought it so I doubt that is the problem. Please let us know the outcome of the issue. Mine has 50k miles on it.

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess.....

1. Clogged fuel filter
2. Dying fuel pump..maybe? low pressure.
3. No spark....
4. Faulty camshaft and crankshaft sensor....maybe?
5. ECU..acting up and need reflashing

Just my guess from the video..:)

2007tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the video it sounds like the fuel pressure regulator. It is located at the back of the eng and is pretty easy to change. I supprised the dealer just doesn't just try one to see if it fixes it. It will not throw a check eng light. I had a 03 tahoe at the shop do that and that was the fix.

Stompor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still having the same problem.
Dealer thinks it is the ground cable, I have to pay the labor for them to change it out. We will see if the $125.00 was money well spent.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**Update**

Just wanted to give an update in case others experience this problem.

I showed the tech the video of my vehicle extended cranking. They tested the fuel pump multiple times and found it bleeding back while hot. They replaced the intank fuel pump module and all is good. We'll see over time but it seems to be good for now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
le frog