07 Yukon w/ P0449 error code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FireDawg212

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have researched the threads here with folks that have had the same code pop up but I'm seeing different symptoms. Most of the talk here concerns the tank fill issues. The only outward trouble I have experienced is the fact that the CEL causes the remote start to not work. Can anyone share whether or not the EVAP system is the only one that throws this code or is there another underlying cause?

Any help is appreciated!

Mechahead

Reaction score
There are other things that cause this codes, but they all pertain to the valve and the wiring for it. I have seen the valve itself bad and I know a time or two I found the wiring up near the front driveshaft worn through. If there is nothing visually wrong with the valve and wiring, you would need to command it with a scan tool and look for voltage at the lead.

I also would like to add there was a bulletin that pertained to this code on some models with a relocation of the vent opening. Road grime and what not was getting directly into the valve and causing it to corrode from the inside out.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Replace evaporate canister above spare tire. That is what the code is for.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, evap solenoid/vent tube assembly. It's about $40 worth of parts and 20 minutes of your time. It was one of the first things I had to do when I bought my truck in April...a couple of bolts and a few zip ties and you're done, no biggie. There's a good how-to on Youtube if you search for it.

OP
OP
F

FireDawg212

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I finally got around to replacing the evap solenoid & tube assembly yesterday and the light went out shortly thereafter. It stayed out for about 24 hours and came back on this evening. I guess I'll take it to the parts house to hook their scanner up to see what's up.

OP
OP
F

FireDawg212

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cleared P0449 now seeing P0446

OK, as I mentioned last week I made the suggested replacement of the evap solenoid & tube assembly and the CEL cleared for a little over 24 hours. I stopped by the parts house and the code that has popped up now is P0446. It seems that these are similar parts from what I've read? I need to know what to do to clear this out completely! Please help me out with this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968