'08 z-71 Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sancho

Reaction score
I found a good deal on an '08 with the z-71 package. I'm really not interested in the off road look, I'd rather put a mild drop and some 22s on the ride, but I'm really not sure exactly what the z-71 package includes. Does someone care to enlighten me and tell me whether it would be practical to do this, or should I pass and keep looking? I'm not really in love with the fender flares either; they appear to be held on with some 3m tape- anyone tried removing them?

Dizigidy

Reaction score
Wassup, as far as I know the Z-71 is 4X4, taller suspention, skid plates, body stylings like fender flairs and front bumper. Maybe more to it, not sure, but u could remove the flairs with a heat gun and lower it to look like a 2wd. A buddy of mine has a 2004 Z-71 tahoe he lowered 3/5.5 and is rollin on 26's. And when he heads to pismo he'll throw his stock wheels on, throw it in 4X4 and tow his dirt bike trailer through the sand. In my opinion, if you'll use the 4wd get it. You can always manipulate the looks.

OP
OP
Sancho

Sancho

Reaction score
Thanks. The 2wd tahoes are a rare bird around here, so probably would end up with 4wd regardless. Wouldn't need it often, but do make the occassional trips up to Lake Tahoe. I wasn't too sure about the differences in suspension, but it doesn't appear to be anything major, so I'll probably go pick the vehicle up tomorrow; just depends if we can get together on the price. The interior is very nice and well optioned, just wish it had the 6.2 motor.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea really not that many different features for the Z71. It all really depends on if you like the skid plate in the front and the fender flares that are z71 exclusive. In 08 I think they were still using the brushed aluminum handles so that would also be different rather then chrome or color matched.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
i like that look tony. Glad my z-71 isnt 4wd.

OP
OP
Sancho

Sancho

Reaction score
here is a tahoe z71 i lowered with the 2/3 belltech kit i sell
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37068

Yikes. Note to self: Don't put 22s on until after the drop kit.

It's all really a moot point now anyways guys. My wife is an Rn and got called in to work for an emergency and they sold the car to someone else during that time. Needless to say, I won't be doing business with them anytime soon/ever.

OP
OP
Sancho

Sancho

Reaction score
Stuff happens, it's their job to sell cars. I'm just tired of my wife's job always screwing up my stuff- I don't work there. The salesman was supposed to pull it off the line so we could finish negotiating later, but the manager sold it; maybe I'll go get the one with the 6.2L I found, just not cheap!

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best of luck with the search! The 6.2 is great, until you have to go to the gas station... Though we never buy these things for their mileage. Happy hunting and post up pics when you find the right one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968