1997 4L60E in a 1999

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruddbow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
both vehicles 5.7, push button 4x4.

I have searched on here, checked with friend of friends mechanic...he said yes, I have read on here both yes/no. Unable to get a response from my tranny guy.

Will it fit without any additional work?

Thank you.

Stiffler63

Reaction score
From my reading every year before 98 has the actuators do diffrent things 98-04 are the same 05+ have extra sensor I could be wrong

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Actually your biggest issue will be the bell housing and converter size difference. This involves transferring the some flywheel/flex plate parts. Valving should be identical but improvements to parts were made about every year.

bigtumtum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Actually your biggest issue will be the bell housing and converter size difference. This involves transferring the some flywheel/flex plate parts. Valving should be identical but improvements to parts were made about every year.

Bellhousing must not be a problem because you can transfer it from your old tranny its bolt on...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Never said you have to transfer a bell housing. Just that the size is different so the converter changes size so that the flywheel/flex plate parts must be transferred.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx