1999 HOE issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chitown906

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing that while driving at random times, my tahoe will have a "check gauges" light pop on shortly after that, I can look down at the Oil Pressure and it will spike to 0 than shortly after go back up to normal. While doing so the truck starts to run weird and will oddly go away. The oil is good just above full , maybe 500miles from an oil change but even though I used synthetic so i have a grace period..

My question is what could it be ? I've ran a computer on it and all im getting was a prior check engine code for a Random cylinder 3 missfire which has not returned since the last code clear..

Thoughts?

Chi_Town

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
Listen you gotta problem with me just say no need to post over the boards lol ....as for your problem no.clue bro

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you posted this in performance, general would have been a little better place to post.. but i would start by looking at the sensor and chase the wire... it could be broke somewhere down the line..

joyride

Reaction score
So your SES light comes on when your oil pressure gauge falls down to 0 while driving?

How long has it been since the light came back? Are you sure it's a prior code or one that you're dealing with now? Does your truck drive fine? Do you hear any lifter chatter, or knocking sounds?

If you have a reoccurring #3 misfire, what does that plug and wire look like? Could be also be a slightly clogged fuel injector for that cylinder too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES