2 door tahoe/blazer/yukon if you got one show it off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hapyspaz: A lot of the 6" kits out there are only about 4" with no crank, you crank for the other two inches. That gives you the option to increase if you feel the need.

What about keys? What kind of height do I get out of a set of keys? If I could get 2", I can get 2" rear springs, crank the bars to match height?

I dunno, my girl is like 5'2" and already has a hard time getting to the side step, I think 4" would force me to drive the Acura everywhere when we ride together....

OP
OP
992door

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you would not need to get a set of keys you should be able to max out height with the stock ones

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
Don't crank your stock ones to the max unless you plan on replacing your CV's and ball joints and etc. It will apply added stress and eat them up, as well as giving you a stiffer ride. If you do crank them, I would probably get an alignment as well.

OP
OP
992door

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know you are about the only one that has mentioned more than just the CV's when cranking most just mention them and if they are not as important as the rest of it

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dinna know about this thread when I posted my pix in another thread. At the risk of boring some of you who've already seen it, here are the same two pix.

IMG_3787.jpg

IMG_3785.jpg

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
you know you are about the only one that has mentioned more than just the CV's when cranking most just mention them and if they are not as important as the rest of it

I did not know that but it is important to keep that in mind. And what school logo is that under your name?

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
looks really good. I have always liked them lowered

you lower yours im going to come down there and give you a plate of woop ass using the pink bucket, then change to my spray painted pink sludge and miter saw. :chicken::chicken::chicken:

OP
OP
992door

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never said that i was going to lower mine. if i wanted a lowered one i would buy a 2wd one and keep the one i have now so the best of both worlds

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't crank your stock ones to the max unless you plan on replacing your CV's and ball joints and etc. It will apply added stress and eat them up, as well as giving you a stiffer ride. If you do crank them, I would probably get an alignment as well.

The wear/break down of CV, Ball joints, ect is all due with time. They wear out faster when altered. I've had my bars maxed out and it's been like this for a year while pushing around 37" tires. I've only run into one issue where i had to replace a CV boot. Ball joints are still doing fine. CV shaft is still fine. I didn't notice the ride get worse. You do need to get an alignment as soon you mess around with the bars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx