20" aftermarket wheel opinions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajb1205

Reaction score
Long story short, I just had brand new tires installed on my factory 20" rims (also have another factory set with snow tires that came with my black 08 Tahoe LTZ when I bought it) and since it was a deal I could not turn down I would now like some aftermarket wheels. I have a couple reasons for staying with 20s rather than 22 or 24s...ride quality, price (22" tires are super expensive in Canada) and the local roads are horrible when it comes to pot holes, etc. I think I have narrowed it down to a couple different styles but I still go back to chrome KMC Slides or U2 55s. Does anyone have some pics of 20s installed as all I can find is 22 and 24" pics. I am concerned that they are going to look too small...???

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, personally I think slides in 20" are going to look a little small, but I don't have any pictures either to be able to tell. For what it's worth I went from factory 18s to factory 22s and haven't noticed a difference either in ride quality or experienced any damage issues due to potholes. And chrome 22" slides are really beautiful imo.

However if you are set on 20s, have a look at the tbss reps ... I think they are by far the best looking 20s on these trucks.

http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=7

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, personally I think slides in 20" are going to look a little small, but I don't have any pictures either to be able to tell. For what it's worth I went from factory 18s to factory 22s and haven't noticed a difference either in ride quality or experienced any damage issues due to potholes. And chrome 22" slides are really beautiful imo.

However if you are set on 20s, have a look at the tbss reps ... I think they are by far the best looking 20s on these trucks.

http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=7

Both those TBSS 20/22's are S I C K

OP
OP
ajb1205

ajb1205

Reaction score
Those are nice...not making my decision any easier, though.:) What offset should I be getting...13mm...30mm...???

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my 2 cents

I saw a set of 20" slides on a truck and the only reason they looked ok was because they were black and on a lifted truck with bigger tires.

As far as aftermarket wheels on a NNBS you have to get atleast a 22" and the TBSS look good on these truck but a 20 will still be too small. The only 20s that look good are the OE Tahoe and Silverado wheels.

OP
OP
ajb1205

ajb1205

Reaction score
So this...

tahoepic.jpg

is about as good as it gets? That's fine because that's a current picture of my Tahoe. :) I then have the stock LTZ rims with winter tires for when the snow flies.

I just don't want to spend all that $$$ to be disappointed.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO the GMC 20's you have pictured look pretty good :shrug:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks good like it is except for the jacked up rear. The factory rear wheel gap sucks. Level out the back and you will be good.

Aftermarket 20s would look dinky next to those OE 20s.

Cubby

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's my truck on the 20" Silverado SS Rims on 275/55/20's. They are for sale and I was gonna list 'em in the for sale section, but I don't have 80 posts yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1903.jpg
    IMG_1903.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 37

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's my truck on the 20" Silverado SS Rims on 275/55/20's. They are for sale and I was gonna list 'em in the for sale section, but I don't have 80 posts yet.

Mmm, I thought TBSS reps were 6 spoke? :think:

chrome20s.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colton