Are motor mounts easy to replace with exhaust manifolds removed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogerK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m about to replace the crusty exhaust manifolds on my 07 Esky. I can see the drivers side one looks like it should be easy to replace with the manifold out? Is this correct, and if so is the passenger side also easy to remove with no manifolds to get in the way?
Easier

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
07-08 Esky & Denali are always AWD. It’s crowded in there. Yes, pulling the manis will make life good as well as save time in the long run for your 6.2L/L92.

Consider reinstalling ARP studs that won’t break. They’re a permanent fix. Also do your plugs & wires when you’re in there doing the motor mounts. You’ll find it a hell of a lot easier to get the heat shields back on.

Start soaking those mani and downpipe bolts a week before you start the job.

Replace both L/R mounts simultaneously or the weaker one will tax the newer one and short life it. Don’t skimp. Use OEM only here due to labor involved. It’s an Escalade damn it, Use the hydraulic version for the 400hp beast.

GM Genuine Parts 15854939 Engine Mount
https://a.co/d/5JnvTjy

Watch where you click or you’ll end up on a look alike over seas site ordering counterfeit junk made from used tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter52g

Latest posts