2001-2006 K2500 Ext/Crew Cab-6.0 Gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with all the leaks that's a pretty clean cateye. I'd have taken another 500 off your offer just because of the hideous extendo mirrors or demanded he source other mirrors.
I think I've had to replace every seal related to my drive line leaking out to the world 2 or 3 times in the last 10 years on top of having to replace my transfer case due to the pump rub issue so most of that just seems normal to me. I'm pretty confident at least one of them is leaking on my Duramax right this moment in fact.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I really did want the truck. Not at the $18k asking price but could have lived with $16500. Then I saw under the truck. If someone says truck is perfect, it cannot be just looks. I am not even gonna look any more. If one pops up and I see and price is right after inspect, I will grab a stack of $100 bills.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Someone who doesn’t know better will buy it and pay too much not knowing about the repairs.
Exactly what I told the seller. I think the tires will hold back buyers more because they literally are at or below the wear bar indicators. It rains a lot here in Oregon and whoever buys the truck will need tires asap. Fluids can be checked and added to but I was told by the seller and his son that I would not find problems when I inspected. I did not find easily viewable exterior or interior problems. They were great. Mechanical can leave you stranded and I look at all that real close.

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Those tires are crazy low. I’ve ran thru several sets of KO2s on my other truck and they start to ride/perform TERRIBLY even at 60k miles on them. They still work “fine” at 70k miles but traction is super low and rides like a washboard.

Those are way past 70k miles…

Reaction score
Bald tires wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, they are a wear item and I probably wouldn't like the brand/model that is on there anyway.

Now not having a full tank of gas, that's another story, lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leaks are my pet peeve but are fixable, them not putting on at least some halfway decent used tires mean they probably won't fix the leaks either and just trying to get every penny they can

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1