2002 Yukon Idle Speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Ive provide actual data from a stock tune so he can get closer to resolving his issue. When someone guesses, and someone hears it, they pass that info along as fact the next go round. That's how we become dumber. I wish if people didn't know they would be quiet and wait for someone to come along that does (this isnt aimed at anyone in particular), so only the best/most accurate info gets passed along.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i make it a firm policy of only providing factual information when responding to a question or helping someone troubleshoot hell sometimes when i know exactly how to fix a problem or exaclty whats wrong ill go research real quick to confirm before i post

okay i just did a little maintenance today and while i was at it i plugged my elm 327 and pulled up the live data in torque the ob2 app and my tahoe idles in the 595 to 605 rpm range and thats the stock tune

Reaction score
So in other words what your saying is that his idle stumble with ac on while turning at low speeds/idle is normal ? I dont have those app data viewer I have what is call a Tech 2 with a candi module not sure if your familiar with and hook that thing up on a daily basis to scan GM vehicles for everything from airbag lights to ALRC module... EBCM... HVAC... VCIM... PCM/ECM... TCM.. IPC... TAC module.. Software updates... this thing does it all yes the TACH is not always dead on on the IPC but one thing I can tell you is my 02 U motor and wifes 04 Sub T motor, with all the latest GM software updates to every module on my vehicles that I programmed myself and every other vehicle I work on with in that range keeps an idle above 600 with AC on Idle will dip slightly below 600 with absolutely no stumble with P/S load and thats looking at Tech 2 data.. and believe me I would never be able to get away with telling a customer that that is normal..

Last edited:

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A slight dip is normal, a stumble isn't. I suggest a tune up in my first post. That meant a thorough examination of most items under the hood, hoses, filters, and anything else that might look suspect.

Reaction score
Say guys I'm not here to sound or come off as an A Hole and if I did I do apologize those are not my intentions here I'm here like you guys just looking to help not to have a battle of who knows how much then the other guy or anything like that what's so ever again I've opened up to you guys on my background and have a great resource of information at my finger tips and always willing to help hope you guys are cool with this and look forward to teaming up with you guys to help out here .. PEACE !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate