2003 Tahoe Lt airbag wiring.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lbuxton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced my steering wheel with an aftermarket wheel. Now I have four wires one set is white and red and a set is black and brown. I also have an adjustable resistor 5 omh 10 turn and connected to the white and red wires with no results with the service air bag alarm. Can anyone tell me how to wire the airbag

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the air bag is gone and your tryin to fake out the system?

why not try ohm'ing the air bag at its plug ports see what resistor you might need?

OP
OP
L

Lbuxton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks I have a variable resistor and yes I have found that it should be between 2.2 and 3.2. I have that information. What I don’t understand is that all I read on this says that the airbag wire should be yellow or have a yellow stripe. And my wires are red and white and black and brown. Has anyone ever had any experience with this. Again it’s a 2003 Tahoe Lt with the 5.3. I am still trying to find the right wiring diagram. All help is appreciated

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtdelta