2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other head came it and it's beautiful but, I'm missing all the CHE rockers, pushrods, seats, seals, and springs. Looks like they never shipped them so I'll be getting ahold of them tomorrow.

Heads seriously look awesome, I opened one up just to touch is shiny holes ;)
I'm glad they made it finally and you're happy. I wish I had taken pics like that. I forgot and only have two ****** ones lol.

I really wish they didn't put their logo on the front like that, on both ******* sides. ORRRR maybe have a better looking logo. Thats the part I hate the most. Everything else seemed pretty good.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know what I just learned? That there's a new MPVI coming out. Apparently they typically only rush out a new device when someone hacks the current VIN algorithm, meaning I should have kept my gen 1 and found the hacker and had free credits forever! Shoulda, coulda, woulda, but didn't.

Anyway all this HPT talk last night got me jonesing to data log and get back on a few issues I'm still having.

1: Stalling at low speeds. For example, I started the truck leaving twisty treat Sunday, and as I backed up and then pushed in the clutch to change direction the truck stalled. It seems to happen a lot on backing up in parking lots but will also do it when coming to a stop in traffic sometimes.

I think the main issue is that I pulled too much throttle ******* out down low when I was trying to cure the rev flare.

2: Corrections to VE since exhaust upgrade. I'm still seeing the truck run fairly lean in a wide range of cells since I did the 4" exhaust I think it just needs some minor corrections.

3: Weird ass lean ***** mode the truck still drops into sometimes. For example, yesterday leaving Sams Club I backed out of my spot and the truck stalled so I started it back and carried on. However, after I stalled it the truck seemed to go into some really strange lean mode that I've seen before. Basically, it starts to run 16afr, the AC kicks off and will not come back on, it surges around idle almost as if it's stalling but will try to catch itself, and the truck is very likely to stall repeatedly when coming to stops.

No idea wtf this is or how to fix it but after dropping stuff off at the shop and letting the truck sit for about 20minutes then starting it back up it was back to normal. This has been going on for a long time and I'm totally lost at solving it. Of course, it almost always happens when I don't have my laptop handy.

Here is a pic of how much error the VE table is still seeing since the exhaust.

look at some of the fuel temp tables if it has them is usually cause of a hot restart problem. as engine it parked and shut off hot, it heats up the fuel that is normally circulating. then when you restart it the fuel is 100+ degrees hotter than it usually is till it gets moving after a min or so

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So to correct the first problem mentioned I am lowering the active range of rolling idle. Previously I had it starting at 20mph which was great because I was trying to solve a highspeed stalling issue but I believe I solved that issue by adjusting the Throttle ******* tables and therefore I should reset the rolling idle point.

For the second problem, I am simply pasting special multiplied by half of the histogram I have set up. Will probably do 2 or 3 more corrections like this then hand smooth the table.

Attachments

• roll idle lowered.PNG
    roll idle lowered.PNG
    220.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Rolling idle to high.PNG
    Rolling idle to high.PNG
    213.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Copy over each.PNG
    Copy over each.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • Corrected.PNG
    Corrected.PNG
    231 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad they made it finally and you're happy. I wish I had taken pics like that. I forgot and only have two ****** ones lol.

I really wish they didn't put their logo on the front like that, on both ******* sides. ORRRR maybe have a better looking logo. Thats the part I hate the most. Everything else seemed pretty good.
I don't mind the logo, I appreciate it when a small business is proud of their work and brands their stuff. They really do look great, when I drop a valve in it almost makes a sealing sound when it clicks into the seat just right.
look at some of the fuel temp tables if it has them is usually cause of a hot restart problem. as engine it parked and shut off hot, it heats up the fuel that is normally circulating. then when you restart it the fuel is 100+ degrees hotter than it usually is till it gets moving after a min or so
I had no idea there was a fuel temp table, I don't see why it would be anything other than normal seeing as its a 100% factory fuel system.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like he's playing peak-a-boo, one second he's there then the next he's gone. It used to be he was always there turning his head but now he pops in and out of sight completely. I think my graphics drivers may need an update or something idk.
Its solid for me. I thought you were talking about the other kind of "flash"

like dis dslinger.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YukonKris