2004 6.0 NV4500 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have a 3" foam bump stop in the rear but like Randy said its not so much an uptravel problem as it is a pinion pointing up problem. Way back when I came to the conclusion the pinion angle is terrible and I have just been too lazy to do something about it. I do need limit straps front and rear to avoid shock damage but oh well lol.

Ah I see. I hope pinion angle is easily adjusted on our trucks? I was guessing that limit straps might help to keep the rear end from squatting too much by limiting some weight transfer. Might be able to rig something up temporarily to test[/QUOTE]

It's easy to adjust if you have adjustable UCAs which I do not yet, I had seen some bad reviews on the only option which is Spohn but those were pretty old and pretty sure it was one dude trashing them which is hardly credible. I also am not a huge fan of Heim joints because they tend to squeak but a squeak is better than a blown-up drive shaft.

Limit straps would help with weight transfer but then it also limits travel and ride quality which is solving a problem with a problem. like smashing your toe to get your mind off your cut finger.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea ive had the full set of del-sphere bars for a while now.
spent a lot of time centering the axle and setting the pinion angle but have touched them since...they could prob use some lube but not making any noise.

the bushings are only a few bux each, i should prob ordered a boat load of them if i ever get around to servicing them

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea ive had the full set of del-sphere bars for a while now.
spent a lot of time centering the axle and setting the pinion angle but have touched them since...they could prob use some lube but not making any noise.

the bushings are only a few bux each, i should prob ordered a boat load of them if i ever get around to servicing them

That's good to know, where did you order them from? Trying to find some that I know are in stock so I don't get screwed waiting weeks and weeks.

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked at these and you can rebuild or adjust the tension on them! That's cool. Looks like a quality product.

https://www.spohn.net/shop/2000-200...Tahoe-Yukon-Avalanche-Escalade-Hummer-H2.html

"First, you can disassemble the Del-Sphere pivot joint for cleaning, inspection, etc. Second, you can adjust the amount of friction on the spherical ball. Do you want a very low friction pivot joint or a very tight pivot joint? It's up to you, the amount of tension can be easily adjusted by using our optional adjustment tool to tighten or loosen the end retainer ring. What that also means is if over time and miles the tolerances open up you can simply re-adjust the retainer ring and have your pivot joint as tight as it was the day it was brand new. We doubt you'll ever need to replace the Delrin bushing cups, but they certainly can be. Unlike a spherical rod end, the Del-Sphere pivot joint is 100% rebuildable."

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It defaulted to black so that's what I ordered, gonna get bedazzled anyway.

Just looked at these and you can rebuild or adjust the tension on them! That's cool. Looks like a quality product.

https://www.spohn.net/shop/2000-200...Tahoe-Yukon-Avalanche-Escalade-Hummer-H2.html

"First, you can disassemble the Del-Sphere pivot joint for cleaning, inspection, etc. Second, you can adjust the amount of friction on the spherical ball. Do you want a very low friction pivot joint or a very tight pivot joint? It's up to you, the amount of tension can be easily adjusted by using our optional adjustment tool to tighten or loosen the end retainer ring. What that also means is if over time and miles the tolerances open up you can simply re-adjust the retainer ring and have your pivot joint as tight as it was the day it was brand new. We doubt you'll ever need to replace the Delrin bushing cups, but they certainly can be. Unlike a spherical rod end, the Del-Sphere pivot joint is 100% rebuildable."

Yep that's the Spohn arms Randy and I are discussing, they are the only thing out there that I've seen. if the spherical joint fails I'm sure I can replace it with a tougher joint but I don't see why they would break they aren't really under that much force.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO