2004 denali radio replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cy-Gor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to replace the head unit in the denali but i dont care about onstar at all.

I do however "want" to keep the bose to reduce costs.

What is the cheapest set of harnesses/boxes i can get to replace the head unit with aftermarket?

Will i lose chimes if i go too cheap?

Back in the day when i used to sell/install stereos i remember some of the GM vehicles requiring the use of the original head unit to keep some of the functionality. Is that the case with my vehicle?
I didnt find anything in google searching so i assume not but i figured i would check any way.

Thanks in advanced.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to replace the head unit in the denali but i dont care about onstar at all.

I do however "want" to keep the bose to reduce costs.

What is the cheapest set of harnesses/boxes i can get to replace the head unit with aftermarket?

Will i lose chimes if i go too cheap?

yes, and other stuff. Unfortunately, the days of $15 harnesses are gone. Now it'll be about $100 for the harness, antena adapter and bracket. You don't need the old radio stashed in the dash, just get the right pieces and do it right from the start

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, and other stuff. Unfortunately, the days of $15 harnesses are gone. Now it'll be about $100 for the harness, antena adapter and bracket. You don't need the old radio stashed in the dash, just get the right pieces and do it right from the start

Do you have a pic and price? With you headunit your getting rid of, did you have stash the old BOSE unit? I have a 03 Denali

Gshep

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Save yourself some aggravation and just find a replacement that has been coded to your vehicle. OEM-Radios out of MN can repair your old unit or you can get a replacement that has been unlocked for your truck. On my 04 the cd plaer would not work so I just bought a replacement that they programmed for my truck with RSE,On Star,Bose,XM I paid 388 bucks. Put it in and all works well. They only charged 40.00 to program it for my truck.

OP
OP
C

Cy-Gor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah almost $400 for a ****** OEM radio that doesnt play MP3s, doesnt have an aux, and doesnt have USB is a huge ripoff.

Even with $100 for the harness stuff i can do that for way less.

the cost is what it is and unless i want to replace the crappy bose speakers then i have to go the high route to save more money in the long run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925