2004 Tahoe LT Autoride shocks and compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteWarWagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a question about the air shocks and compressor for the autoride on an 04 hoe. The mechanic said one of the shocks was bad and so was the compressor, each are around 500 dollars from a parts store. Just wondering if there are alternate ways to check to see if these are actually bad and also if anybody knows where I can find the parts for cheaper. thanks.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
If you want to keep the autoride fully functional with the shock dampening, etc...get the oem remanufactured ones through them.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to keep the autoride fully functional with the shock dampening, etc...get the oem remanufactured ones through them.

I agree with Keith. I re-did the rear shocks and compressor from Arnott for $550 shipped and installed myself.

Reaction score
I have the ARNOTT remans with their air compressor. Easy stuff just takes little more to than reg shocks. You have to pull the fuse under the hood I don't remember which one exactly it will tell you in the instructions. You also have to get your frame supported where the wheels just barely touch the ground. It's so you can unload the shocks. From there it just like doing standard shocks just have to disconnect the air lines and sensor and pull the bolts. My bolts where ass backwards IMO(thread side was pointing out). I put the bolts where the head was pointing out instead of the damn threads I have 33's and the bolts rubbed my tires if I had to pull into steep driveways. Plus it's easier to install from that way!!!! Your pushing from the outside instead of fighting it around the frame rail and the harness'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968