2005 gmc yukon denali AWD transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Avery read

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 gmc yukon denali AWD

Replaced my transfer case and now my truck grinds when trying to put it in park. Also wont go into gear.

I do have my CV Axles out but i drove like this with the old transfer case. Did i get the wrone one? Or should i put my axles in

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
every time i hear of anyone running the truck without the axels installed the hub explodes and a front wheel comes off. so id put them back in asap.

no idea if you got the wrong one installed. but you should have a full time awd t case.

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Transfer case would have had a metal tag on it for identification. Is the old case available to check the tag?

OP
OP
A

Avery read

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. Matches up. If I recall it’s a bergwarner np4 I wanna say. Came straight out of another AWD Denali 2004.

The Transfer case would have had a metal tag on it for identification. Is the old case available to check the tag?

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't think you could run a AWD with no front axles. The Transfer case is like a open differential. Try putting in neutral for a minute then shift to park.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilithMoon