2006 SS Silverado brakes on a 97 yukon??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97GT

Reaction score
need help!!! 2006 SS Silverado brakes on a 97 yukon??

Does anyone know if i can fit the front disc brakes from a 2006 SS Silverado on my 97 2-door yukon?

Last edited:
OP
OP
97GT

97GT

Reaction score
anyone got some insight i need new brakes. stock are way underpowered

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm not much help brian, but first things first the new trucks are 6 lug, and unless you've done something with yours, yours are still 5 lug. i mean that's one thing to consider, is that you'd have to do something about that. but with enough time and money, virtually anything is possible. if you changed out the whole hub and everything, you may be able to pull it off. i'll let someone smarter than me chime in here.

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If his truck is 4wd, its not a 5 lug, its a 6 lug. As for the brake swap, I don't know, but I'm sure someone has done it.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Also, if you feel like your brakes are under powered, a simple SS brake line swap, drilled and/or slotted rotors, and high performance pads can make a big improvement in the performance and feel of your brakes.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not fix your issue, just throwing random parts on from another truck isn't going to help if something is majorly wrong.

OP
OP
97GT

97GT

Reaction score
Hey thnx for the input. Yes I have six lug. I was thinkn of gettin Baer brakes, but if I can make these brakes from an 06 SS work it will save me a ton of money. Nothing is Wrong with my brakes now they just suck. Bad design by GM

99_2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at the very least youre most likely going to have to make a caliper bracket. from the brake swaps i've seen on other vehicles, its not nearly as straight forward a job as it seems. i can't remember a single case that didnt require some level of fab work and not many shops are going to want to touch it. personally i'd do a big brake kit already on the market and be done with it. you know its going to be a reliable kit that you can get parts for.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the Brembo stock replacement slotted rotors and stainless lines worked wonders on my hoe. night and day from stock.

OP
OP
97GT

97GT

Reaction score
I figured i might have to do some modding. I have been shopping around and took a look at Baer, SSBC, Brembo. Baer wants about 1500 for a front brake kit, I have seen it go for 1200-1400 on other sites. Does anyone know how good SSBC kits are. The price seems right and if the performance is up to par I will get them. But I really like the Baer ones more since they are dual piston and not single like SSBC

99_2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd be curious to see real world testing and hard data on the big brake kits, especially before spending the cash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dap365