2006 Z71-For sale 70k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2200 hours kind of seems like a lot of idling time. Or really slow trips. I know you mentioned short trips must have just been around town. Just basing this off my truck (ram) 135k miles and a little over 3,000 hours total.

The others who may or may not have offered them that much probably didn't look it over as closely as you. I applaud you for looking it over very well.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The seller texted me that he says the engine and transmission are the heart of the vehicle and the concerns/problems I showed and pointed out to him are minor and he knows what he has and it's value. That tells me I am still in his head and he did not call any of the so called "$10k to $13k" offers, he had already turned down. I texted back that whoever checks it out and finds what I found will walk away at his price and he may sell to a rube that does not know what is going on. I also reminded him that right at that moment he still has the ad up saying there are no scratches. I asked how he sleeps at night? I then reminded him that I showed him to his face, all of the concerns and why. My offer of $9k is as high as I go.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
2200 hours kind of seems like a lot of idling time. Or really slow trips. I know you mentioned short trips must have just been around town. Just basing this off my truck (ram) 135k miles and a little over 3,000 hours total.

The others who may or may not have offered them that much probably didn't look it over as closely as you. I applaud you for looking it over very well.
Those are DIC readout engine hours. Not just idle time.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hopefully he comes to his senses and works a deal with you. Nice looking ride.
Ever since I asked how he sleeps at night, there has been no contact and the ad is still up and is still at $15k and still says no scratches. A rust free truck like that should have been sold by now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dexmann1