2007 cracked dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[GMC All Terrain Center Cup Holder]

What the heck is this?

Its like the LTZ center cup holder, but its silver like the z71 dash

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

So how many people have had this cracked dash problem? and has anyone been assisted by GM?

Cavan806

Reaction score
I think I mentioned this before on a thread about this topic already. But I was one of the lucky ones from what it sounds like. I am the second owner of my Current 2008 LTZ. I noticed the cracked dash several months after buying so I cant really say if it was there before or after I bought it. Either way the dealer I took it to (not the same one I bought it from) in Charlotte replaced my dash with hardly any discussion whats so ever. The service manager came over took a look at it disappeared back into his office and came back out saying that they would take care of it at no charge. He said ultimatly they send GM a bill for the labor and parts. Needless to say I have been going to this dealer for all my regular maint. I had a couple rattles coming from behind the dash before they replaced it and those are gone as well.

beav626

Pretty Girls in your city for night
Reaction score
I just noticed mine was cracked on my 09 Avalanche- Whats the best route getting this resolved through the dealer?

2009 w/ 60k

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's luck of the draw. Some dealers will fix it for free no questions asked, some will pay for a portion of it, some will straight up deny any help.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two dealers have denied me. :( they say since it's not a safety issue GM won't recognize it as a utter failure.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

garymyman

Reaction score
Don't start by going to the dealer. Start by starting a claim with a GM customer service rep. I just bought my '07 Yukon last month with an already cracked dash. I started a claim by emailing one of the GM reps that posts in this facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/251892298253/

After talking to the rep on the phone they agreed to replace my dash for $100. I let the rep talk to the dealer service manager for me.

IndyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't start by going to the dealer. Start by starting a claim with a GM customer service rep. I just bought my '07 Yukon last month with an already cracked dash. I started a claim by emailing one of the GM reps that posts in this facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/251892298253/

After talking to the rep on the phone they agreed to replace my dash for $100. I let the rep talk to the dealer service manager for me.

The rep you emailed, is he a local rep for your area or can he take care of other states? If you could PM me his contact email, I don't have facebook (I know, I know...don't make fun of me.)

kal_59

Reaction score
I was lucky when my dashboard cracked (near the dashboard). It was 4 weeks before my warranty runs out. However, after they changed it, it got another crack within a week (small bump on driver side near the windshield). I had a go at the dealer, and managed to get it fixed..!

Now am all out of warranty, I hope it doesnt repeat..

crotonevans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now 2 cracks 17 chevys in 12 years currently 2 tahoes and a vette no more chevys from now on DEALER SAID SORRY WE LOVE YOUR BUISNEES BUT SORRY ON THE DASH 2007 65000 BUT THE FIRST CRACK WAS 2010 WITH 20,000
MY 2011 NO CRACK YET

Last edited:

gastonrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good Evening Everyone, I'm new to the forums, and I'm new to the new suburban/tahoe line. We still have a 2004, and recently changed to a 2007. FUnny thing is that last month we were trying to purchase a 2007 with 76k miles and the dashboard was cracked, and i nthe same dealership, they had aa 2007 yukon(also cracked) and a 2007 TAHOE with cracked dashboards. All on the right side, on top of the airbag.. Today, we are trying to tade in the 2004 for a 2007 with 157,000 miles, and the Dashboard is also cracked, but not juston the right, but also o nthe left on top of the Cluster.. I called GM at the 866-79-5700 and I was given 2 case numbers, for both vehicles... I'll keep everyone posted. The GM CSR said that the 79k miles one should not need any requirements to hav eit fixed, and the 157k miles she will escalate the case and let me know... Does anyone know if there is any Bulletin as of yet regarding this issue ?

Also, any comments on this HIGH MILEAGE Vehicle I just got ?
2007 suburban LTZ wiht 157k miles. One Owner. Clean Carfax and ALWAYS maintained at GM dealers.. Just the DAshboard cracked and dirty carpets...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx