2007 cracked dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NICK392

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have same problem on 09 with 41000 miles. Need 10 posts to pm the Gm rep. Posting away...

badblu97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't want to hijack, but with all this talk about the cracks and fixing them, is there any known method for prevention?

I have an 08, I just purchased with 70k miles. The dash was cracked in front of the airbag AND in front of the gauge cluster in 2 places. Needless to say I took it back to my dealer and they fixed it, no questions asked. I was frankly VERY surprised as I figured it to be a $500-$600 job.

Other than that and a couple little issues(that they also fixed with no questions) I LOVE the TRUCK!!!

badblu97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i don't want to hijack, but with all this talk about the cracks and fixing them, is there any known method for prevention?

I have an 08, i just purchased with 70k miles. The dash was cracked in front of the airbag and in front of the gauge cluster in 2 places. Needless to say i took it back to my dealer and they fixed it, no questions asked. I was frankly very surprised as i figured it to be a $500-$600 job.

Other than that and a couple little issues(that they also fixed with no questions) i love the truck!!!

nobody??

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to hijack, but with all this talk about the cracks and fixing them, is there any known method for prevention?

No, I wouldn't think the cracks are avoidable.

The cracks come from flex and movement between the plastic dashboard and what it is attached to. If the dashboard had a vinyl overlay, I don't think most people would even know cracks have developed.

This is clearly an unintentional manufacturing defect, one that GM had not anticipated. But even so, GM should stand behind their product instead of giving people the run-a-round. I was once told they were going to extend the warranty on the dashboard to 5 years or 100,000 miles. If this extended warranty took place, I guess GM wants to keep it a secret from those who don't care if their dashboards crack or not.

badblu97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanx Sheriff! I was thinking maybe armor-all or something of the like maybe. I just sold an 07 Silverado NBS, and had the entire windshield tinted for about 4 years, and that dash didnt crack. Wonder if that helped?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx