2007 cracked dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx Sheriff! I was thinking maybe armor-all or something of the like maybe. I just sold an 07 Silverado NBS, and had the entire windshield tinted for about 4 years, and that dash didnt crack. Wonder if that helped?

The window tint would keep the ultraviolet rays off the plastic dashboard.

It could possibly make a difference.

lowexpo

Reaction score
I know this is off topic but GM stated that the transfer case failures in 01-07 2500hd trucks with a Duramax were wear problems. The same clip breaks and causes around $3000 in repairs. GM has a history of denying....

BlackHoe07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem on my 07 Tahoe. Small crack by on the passenger side by the airbag and a 3-4" crack above the instrument cluster.
Stopped by 2 dealers today one of which is "the biggest Chevy dealer in the Midwest". They claim they have never seen a Tahoe with this problem. They go on to quote me a $550 part and 5 hours of labor at $120 an hour. I'm very annoyed that they would do nothing to help me out as I was not about to drop $1200 on this.
Obviously GM knows theres a problem as they have changed the replacement pieces that people are getting. Looks like I'm gonna have to live with it.

hollydelk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 with the dreaded cracked dashboard and peeling door handles. I called my dealer and they agreed to fix the door handles, no charge. He said he would have to ask a GM rep about the dash because my truck is over 5 years and 1 day old. He called back and said they could pay for the dash, but the labor expense would be out of pocket ($225). I was wondering if I should take that and run with it, or pitch a fit to try to get labor paid too. I know there are some on here who've been told nothing could be done, and there's some who's gotten it fixed free of charge. What should I do??

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 with the dreaded cracked dashboard and peeling door handles. I called my dealer and they agreed to fix the door handles, no charge. He said he would have to ask a GM rep about the dash because my truck is over 5 years and 1 day old. He called back and said they could pay for the dash, but the labor expense would be out of pocket ($225). I was wondering if I should take that and run with it, or pitch a fit to try to get labor paid too. I know there are some on here who've been told nothing could be done, and there's some who's gotten it fixed free of charge. What should I do??

Honestly, I'd take it. With all the other people NOT getting it done, it's better than nothing.

Intimidator3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dash on my 2010 avalanche with 38k miles on it cracked a few months ago. I went to a chevy dealership and they seemed to have no idea that this was an issue on these trucks. However, they fixed it for FREE, no questions asked. I didn't even buy the truck from that dealership. They said it was a one time goodwill repair. Not sure if all dealerships have this type of 'goodwill' program, but it's worth asking about.

AaronIROCZ

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my 07 Tahoe. Small crack by on the passenger side by the airbag and a 3-4" crack above the instrument cluster.
Stopped by 2 dealers today one of which is "the biggest Chevy dealer in the Midwest". They claim they have never seen a Tahoe with this problem. They go on to quote me a $550 part and 5 hours of labor at $120 an hour. I'm very annoyed that they would do nothing to help me out as I was not about to drop $1200 on this.
Obviously GM knows theres a problem as they have changed the replacement pieces that people are getting. Looks like I'm gonna have to live with it.

Karl's??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx